22 replies to this topic

#21 Bi0s

Bi0s

Gibson Hacker

• Agents of the Revolution
  • 95 posts

Posted 26 March 2003 - 09:46 PM

logan5:
I would take a guess that you don't have sendmail set up right. (trust me, I racked my head for DAYS!! DAYS I SAY!! trying to figure this out)

No, you don't have to fuck with MX records or BIND. As long as sendmail is set up right, when an e-mail gets sent to your web address, it will come to your IP, (through dyndns) (really, all dyndns does, is listen for a request for logan5.com, and when they get a request, their name servers, point that request to your IP. )

If you have sendmail installed, look at sendmail.cf & sendmail.mc
(note: you may have to install the sendmail.cf package, this enables you to "re-build" the sendmail config file.)

In one of the above files, look for a line...shit *is thinking and scratching head* :)

Um.. there is a line in there that makes sendmail listen only on localhost. or 127.1.1.0 or whatever, anyway, UN-COMMENT that line, then save the file, rebuild sendmail.cf and restart sendmail.
I have to set it up on another machine this weekend so I could give ya a more descriptive help then... ( i just finished an 11 hour work day)

hope that helps

#22 logan5

logan5

Hakker addict

• 534 posts

Posted 26 March 2003 - 11:59 PM

Thanks, Bi0s. It all sound so simple. :wacko:

I'll have to play around with the mail server settings and see what happens.

Thanks again for the help.

#23 Bi0s

Bi0s

Gibson Hacker

• 95 posts

Posted 27 March 2003 - 12:57 AM

Also try Webmin! it roX0rs very much. gives you the ability to admin all those settings & the rest of your box from a web based administration.

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!