• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Comcast Tech

Comcast Tech

Will I break 10 posts?

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 October 2004 - 09:57 PM

I am looking for any hacks or such for my explorer 8000hd DVR box. They just rolled them out in the system I work in and was wondering if anyone knew of any hacks for it. I was issued one on a job but didnt use it cause the customer decided to go with reguler digital so I brought the box home to play with it for a few days before I turned it back in.

#2 CableGuy

CableGuy

HACK THE PLANET!

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 12 October 2004 - 07:59 AM

It depends on how much you can break into your box before your warehouse guys notice.

If you're willing to break the seals and do some work, there's a lot of things that you can do. Content extraction isn't that hard, and with a few solder points, you can override software restrictions on serial or ethernet ports.

CableGuy

#3 Comcast Tech

Comcast Tech

Will I break 10 posts?

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 October 2004 - 04:26 PM

Well I wont have to worry about that for awhile, we just had a box audit so the next one wont be for a few months, I have the star bit tool i need to open the box, and there arent any seals (that are noticable anyway) that will reveal that I opened the box. Any pointers or instructions or even a maintance or field manual would be great.

Thanks

#4 goat_meal

goat_meal

the 0ne

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 November 2006 - 07:44 PM

It depends on how much you can break into your box before your warehouse guys notice.

If you're willing to break the seals and do some work, there's a lot of things that you can do. Content extraction isn't that hard, and with a few solder points, you can override software restrictions on serial or ethernet ports.

CableGuy

If anyone still has info on this can you please share the wealth? Captuing this stuff is a pain in the

thanks

#5 LUCKY_FUCKIN_CHARMS

LUCKY_FUCKIN_CHARMS

TCP/IP....PI/MP

• Members
  • 1,493 posts

Posted 24 November 2006 - 08:01 PM

http://www.avsforum.com/ check out these forums i found alot of great hacks for both my explorer 3250hd and my 8300hd. usually the boxes will come with active firewire ports that you can stream data through, so you probably wont have to open up the box.

Edited by vector, 24 November 2006 - 08:03 PM.

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!