• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 twirlz

twirlz

Default Custom Title

• Agents of the Revolution
  • 1,200 posts

Posted 14 March 2003 - 12:08 AM

god dammit i've been trying to fix this all night... seems media player doesn't like .hack//dusk!! :pissed: ever since i've tryied to encode it to mpg it does the fatal error shit and asked to send info to m$... well i did send it off to m$ and then i get a box that sez this is the miricle fix to your problem!! some Morgan Stream Switer??? well i installed that then tryied to play my new anime again to the same god damn error!! :pissed: :grr:
i'm wondering if this has happen to anyone else and how did you fix it! this happen on my other box but i can't remember for the life of me how i got it to work again ( or maybe its still fukked ) *shrugz*

Thanx in advance

#2 hacnslash

hacnslash

Banisher of n00bs

• 2,454 posts

Posted 14 March 2003 - 07:34 PM

I have wmp9 on my windows box, and I have a lot of trouble playing some mpeg4 files as well, just try something different, like winamp, or quicktime, for divx I just use the divx player

*edit* why did you send info to microsucks, who knows what you sent out..........*edit*

#3 twirlz

twirlz

Default Custom Title

• 1,200 posts

Posted 14 March 2003 - 08:37 PM

*edit* why did you send info to microsucks, who knows what you sent out..........*edit*

i know i shouldn't but i was wanting answers and thought maybe they had one. BUT OBLIVISLY THEY DON'T!!!

#4 hacnslash

hacnslash

Banisher of n00bs

• 2,454 posts

Posted 14 March 2003 - 09:02 PM

yeah, ive never sent out anything to microsoft, and i have been able to solve all my win problems with google, and forums like this one.

#5 twirlz

twirlz

Default Custom Title

• 1,200 posts

Posted 14 March 2003 - 09:34 PM

but fukking WMP9 doesn't fukking tell me what the god damn problem is!!! all it sez is there is an error!!! ive gone to the windows support page and they have this "error code" page..... and um thats a fukking POS!!! it has a bunch of error codes and i wish i had the error code cuz then i could fucking fix this shit!!!

well i tried winamp3 and the video works fine on that... wtf is up with that... but now my mpg encoder still won't work because it uses WMP9 codecs

:pissed: :pissed: :grr: :grr:

just fukking pisses me off!!

#6 hacnslash

hacnslash

Banisher of n00bs

• 2,454 posts

Posted 14 March 2003 - 09:47 PM

just get another encoder, or try getting new codecs, although I think getting new codecs would be a pain in the ass, just try another encoder........

#7 twirlz

twirlz

Default Custom Title

• 1,200 posts

Posted 15 March 2003 - 01:24 PM

well leave it to M$ to tell you that in order to play something you need a certain program and that program is createing an error that will further not let you watch your anime!!!

Turns out that This Morgan Stream Thingy was my problem. i uninstalled it and then ran my video to play without a hitch!!

on the plus side i have in fact shut off error reporting because it's... *clears throat* A PIECE OF CRAP!!! :pissed:

But thanks to those who helped!!

#8 hacnslash

hacnslash

Banisher of n00bs

• 2,454 posts

Posted 15 March 2003 - 01:32 PM

on the plus side i have in fact shut off error reporting because it's... *clears throat* A PIECE OF CRAP!!! :pissed:

:lol:

#9 JHVH-1

JHVH-1

DDP Fan club member

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 21 March 2003 - 05:48 PM

Another forum I am on all the windows guys always rely on this pack of codecs which the guy always keeps them all up to date so you just grab this codec pack and install it and not worry about it: http://hellninjacomm...com/defilerpak/

#10 GodH8sMe

GodH8sMe

DDP Fan club member

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 25 March 2003 - 01:01 AM

iirc Morgan Stream Switcher is to switch the audio stream. When I encode video (let's say anime), I generally make the first stream english (xine likes that) and the second stream the japanese track. Using MSS in Windows you can switch back and forth during playback.

Did you try reencoding the video? Once in awhile I run across a corrupt DivX that just needs to be either reencoded or even just correctly written to disk (Use NanDub and 'Direct Stream Copy', this doens't work for mpegs tho, but try with whatever program you're using).

Hope this wasn't a useless post. :|

#11 twirlz

twirlz

Default Custom Title

• 1,200 posts

Posted 25 March 2003 - 08:36 AM

iirc Morgan Stream Switcher is to switch the audio stream. When I encode video (let's say anime), I generally make the first stream english (xine likes that) and the second stream the japanese track. Using MSS in Windows you can switch back and forth during playback.

Did you try reencoding the video? Once in awhile I run across a corrupt DivX that just needs to be either reencoded or even just correctly written to disk (Use NanDub and 'Direct Stream Copy', this doens't work for mpegs tho, but try with whatever program you're using).

Hope this wasn't a useless post. :|

well what was happening was nothing would play. even stuff that i had played earlier that day. and when i would try to encode my anime to mpg i would get an error about not being supported and what not. but i got it fixed by uninstalling that morgan stream switcher and everything worked fine.... i think that the stream switcher doesn't like the Nimo Codec

#12 latency

latency

Mack Daddy 31337

• Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 25 March 2003 - 09:36 AM

doesn't WM9 incorporate Digital Rights Management?
Perhaps that's why it won't play the fansub?

I'm afraid to upgrade to wm9 for that reason alone

#13 twirlz

twirlz

Default Custom Title

• 1,200 posts

Posted 25 March 2003 - 09:57 AM

my anime plays fine... thats the only problem i've had since upgrading

#14 GodH8sMe

GodH8sMe

DDP Fan club member

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 25 March 2003 - 10:53 AM

I used the Nimo pack for awhile. Until I started having fourcc problems because of it. After that I found it best to just do everything manually. Nimo changes the fourcc codes to allow hacing multiple versions of the same codecs installed.

It causes a problem when DivX 5.x.x uses DIVX as it's fourcc, but Nimo tells your machine that DivX 5.x.x is DIV5 (or whatever, I know it uses DIV3 and DIV4 and DIVX, I just don't recall for what). Possibly you upgraded another codec when overwrote the fourcc's in the registery, and now you've got WMP trying to play a video which identifies as, say, DIVX, which may be DivX 4.x now, when it should be 5.x.

Sounds like you've got things sorted, but I ph33r the Nimo Codec Pack.

I've no experience encoding mpeg's, so this prolly has nothing to do with anything (I'm good at these kinda posts huh).

#15 twirlz

twirlz

Default Custom Title

• 1,200 posts

Posted 25 March 2003 - 11:22 AM

actually i installed the nimo codec after the incident. nimo also installs divx 5.02 i believe and i've never been happier with encoding. i was having so many file be unsupported in Tmpgenc and now if its unsupported there is an error and i either re-install Tmpgenc or re-install the codec and then everything is fine, its a pain but it works.

Just checked out he Nimo Web Site and apparently there is adware/spyware in the Divx codec embeded in the pack, And you NEED the adware/spyware in order to encode your files. AND you will get ADVERTISEMENTS while you encode your movies!! Talk about taking forever to encode your files.... if you cpu is running to get those ads and encode your file..... whoa on my 400mhz box it already takes 4hrs to encode a movies let alone 3hrs to encode 90 mins of anime!!

#16 GodH8sMe

GodH8sMe

DDP Fan club member

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 25 March 2003 - 07:04 PM

Check this thread over on Doom9's forum about the adware. Also, there's a calc (Ecuador's?) that will remove the adware for you with the click of a button.

Is that the latest Nimo pack you're running? Sounds a little dated. I'd think the community would give him hell over putting in the ad-supported version of 5.xPro. But, don't know, don't care anymore (refer to said fourcc problems above).

How are you able to encode anime faster than film? Out of curiosity, are you encoding the anime at something other than 23.976 fps? You can save a lot of space encoding the anime (and everything) at 23.976 fps by just inverse telecining the video. It's a bitch, and is slow, but the return is worth it.

What are you using to encode mpeg?

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!