American Commercial Radio Stations

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 nick84

nick84

• Agents of the Revolution
  • 1,680 posts

Posted 10 October 2002 - 09:39 AM

I am just listening to this radio show on “KFI AM 640”, that I recorded from Tuesday, as I heard Mitnick was on it (I’ve yet to hear him) and it just seems to be constant advertising. First they have the main “actual” adverts which they cut out on the internet stream (thank goodness) due to broadcasting regulations or something, which are bad enough every 5 minutes. Then they are constantly saying how whichever part of the show they are in is sponsored by whoever. And then on top of that they have the host of the show “telling” you about all these good offers you can get here there and everywhere, always proceeded by something like “I have this” / “I am with” and then some comment about how great they are etc.

Can someone reassure me not all US commercial stations are like this? When I was over there a couple of years ago, I listened to a few stations but cant remember any being like this.

#2 StankDawg

StankDawg

same old Dawg, no new tricks

• Moderating Team
  • 8,073 posts

Posted 10 October 2002 - 12:49 PM

well, I wish I could tell you that most are not like that, but they are. :-(

Now that one giant company owns most of the radio stations in the US, they pretty much run them into the grounbd with advertising because there are no other good stations to compete with them and make them do it less. :-(

I am sure Dual knows all about it.

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!