If you want to try out Linux, or show others the wonders of Open Source, then Knoppix is a natural choice. If you're using it at work or school, you'll probably be on a network that uses static IPs. Configure as follows:
1. K menu/KNOPPIX/Root Shell
2. ifconfig eth0 220.127.116.11
3. ifconfig eth0 netmask 255.255.255.0
4. echo nameserver 18.104.22.168 >> /etc/resolv.conf
5. route add default gw 22.214.171.124
6. If needed, set up Konqueror to use a proxy:
- Click Settings
- Configure Konqueror...
- Click Proxy
- Check Use Proxy
- Choose Mannually specified settings and click Setup...
- Enter the appropriate IP and port
- Click OK, Apply, OK
Fill in "126.96.36.199" and the netmask with your respective IPs and enjoy!
Static IP in Knoppix
No replies to this topic
BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!