• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Argent

Argent

The phorce is with me!

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 01 September 2004 - 08:04 AM

Well ive got a generic usb2 128mb and all the sudden it wont access the drive. When I click properties it says used space 0mb and free space 0mb. Any ideas? :blush:

#2 Argent

Argent

The phorce is with me!

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 01 September 2004 - 12:41 PM

While wracking my brain how it could have happened...I figured out what I did wrong. Last night while reinstalling my windows os I noticed 2 partitions (2 different drives I believe) :pissed: I remember thinking that it was a fuckup when I went to repartition the drive and accidently created 2 partitions...(i duno why) so I deleted the partition for my 128 flash drive. So with that new info anyone have any ideas on what to use to get the info back?

#3 Davidcopperfield

Davidcopperfield

mad 1337

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 01 September 2004 - 12:56 PM

You should be able to reformat the flashdrive as FAT32 by right clicking it and going to properties I believe.
There is a format button somewhere accessed from the context menu, just do that, you will of course lose all the data but you could use the flashdrive again.

#4 Argent

Argent

The phorce is with me!

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 08 September 2004 - 10:22 AM

Well still no luck it wont format the drive because it has no volume and fdisk wont see it. Will something like partition magic do the job what else do you recomend i try b4 I get out my trusty hammer????

#5 mass_parallel

mass_parallel

H4x0r

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 08 September 2004 - 10:30 AM

Did you check the Disk Management?

Edited by mass_parallel, 08 September 2004 - 10:33 AM.

#6 mass_parallel

mass_parallel

H4x0r

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 08 September 2004 - 10:45 AM

Or you could boot with your windows cd and create the partion that way and then go in and format it.

#7 Argent

Argent

The phorce is with me!

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 08 September 2004 - 10:48 AM

I cant find where to repartition when useing Disk Management. Ya when I get home I think thats the only way ill be able to do it is with a windows cd and *repartition it.

**Ok I found where the disk manager lets you repartition it repartitioned and reformated and all is well in the world :) thanks for your help mass.

Edited by Argent, 08 September 2004 - 10:57 AM.

#8 mass_parallel

mass_parallel

H4x0r

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 08 September 2004 - 11:16 AM

now if you have a copy of file scavenger then you could try to recover the lost files, if they are that important.

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!