• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 twirlz

twirlz

Default Custom Title

• Agents of the Revolution
  • 1,200 posts

Posted 04 August 2004 - 09:59 AM

i seem to have problems at times with video files not wanting to play in WMP9.
for example when teh broken came out it would start up and would just freeze but the audio will still play. i fixed that by playing it in winamp. but i'm trying to get it to work on a co workers computer and he doesn't want winamp (sez there's spyware on it, even after i told him it doesn't and if it does he can get rid of it with adaware)... before i installed the nimo codec 9 there would be no video but there was audio... after the nimo codec the video freezes upside down and teh audio plays... any tips will help

thanks

#2 djmollusk

djmollusk

resident chix0r magnet

• 813 posts

Posted 04 August 2004 - 10:11 AM

nimo codec 9

Thats the problem right there. I've run into weird problems with nimo codec pack. I've found its best to just install the codecs that you use / need and not use a codec pack. There are other codec packs out there that are much better. I just can't think of their names right now. :(

#3 XxthugstylezxX

XxthugstylezxX

a55 k1553r

• Members
  • 693 posts

Posted 04 August 2004 - 11:06 AM

For some reason i've always had good luck with angel potion codec even though they say thats the one that cause's the most problems. It always seems to work for me though. I've used to many differnt codecs to keep track now a days but very few work good especailly the packs. Like djmollusk said keep away from the packs and stick to the ones you know/need only until one of us come up with codecs from the ddp hehe then you can use our packs.

#4 twirlz

twirlz

Default Custom Title

• 1,200 posts

Posted 04 August 2004 - 11:31 AM

nimo codec 9

Thats the problem right there. I've run into weird problems with nimo codec pack. I've found its best to just install the codecs that you use / need and not use a codec pack. There are other codec packs out there that are much better. I just can't think of their names right now. :(

the only reason i use the nimo codec pack is that i have heard good things about it. i use it on my box at home and i haven't had any problems with it, cept recently trying to encode trailer park boys eps to vcd... i know you recommended not to use the codec packs but, would it be wise to use the nimo lite pack? since it doesn't have EVERY codec in it just the recommended ones.

#5 StankDawg

StankDawg

same old Dawg, no new tricks

• Moderating Team
  • 8,075 posts

Posted 04 August 2004 - 04:18 PM

for example when teh broken

your problem is obvious... thats what you get for watching teh broken! :P

#6 twirlz

twirlz

Default Custom Title

• 1,200 posts

Posted 04 August 2004 - 04:36 PM

that was noted when that happen!!! didn't happen with hack tv!!!

#7 StankDawg

StankDawg

same old Dawg, no new tricks

• Moderating Team
  • 8,075 posts

Posted 04 August 2004 - 04:56 PM

heh-heh... I don't have ex[perince with this video pack you mentioned, but do you think it is a WMP problem? or teh codec itself? What codec is teh broken in anyway? HackTV was DivX, so maybe it was only that codec that was bad from that video pack?

#8 twirlz

twirlz

Default Custom Title

• 1,200 posts

Posted 04 August 2004 - 05:08 PM

heh-heh... I don't have ex[perince with this video pack you mentioned, but do you think it is a WMP problem? or teh codec itself? What codec is teh broken in anyway? HackTV was DivX, so maybe it was only that codec that was bad from that video pack?

i had the nimo codec installed when i first watched the broken and it worked fine in winamp and it worked fine then but i think they used divx as well. i am trying to get trailer park boys on vcd now... i have uninstalled the nimo codec... and with out any codecs the video comes up with no problem video and audio, but i can't encode it to mpg in tmpgenc because the audio doesn't come up, so i rip the audio in virtual dub and plug that .wav file into tmpgenc and it sez its not supported.... :grrr: so then i just install the divx codec and the file again opens with no problem and i got to encode the avi to mpg. i check the length and check to see if the video is then showing up with in tmpgenc and i see jack shit!!! so then i install nimo codec pack 8 and i try to open the file and i get an error that sez explorer.exe took a massive shit and has to close!!
so im starting ot think that these files arent' going to encode!!! LOL

#9 bovinefeces

bovinefeces

Gibson Hacker

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 10 August 2004 - 08:02 PM

If it's wimanp he has a problem with , and not just the idea of a new tool. Try BSplayer.
I have found it to be much more reliable.

#10 tokachu

tokachu

SUPR3M3 31337 Mack Daddy P1MP

• 458 posts

Posted 10 August 2004 - 08:32 PM

The problem is the "new" shitty DivX 5.1 codec with its ads and watermarks. Get rid of those shittastic codec packs and just download the older-yet-much-faster codecs from oldversion.com or something. Then just run the "old" version of Windows Media Player ("mplayer2.exe") to get some of that speed back that those ugly skins take up.

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!