• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 StankDawg

StankDawg

same old Dawg, no new tricks

• Moderating Team
  • 8,073 posts

Posted 06 October 2002 - 11:52 PM

I modified the start page just a little to make all of the links available. They mostly just point to more placeholder pages, but at least it fills the site out a little more.

In the future, I plan on trying to give access to each user to add/modify their own member page. I know many of you have your own sites, but I would like to have at least one "about me" page for each of us. It can, of course, be a fat promotion to your OWN pages, which I already link to in the other sections.

Falconis volunteered to work on the articles page, since he is learning tables and HTML right now, it is good practice in application for him.

Anyway, Let me know uf you have any problems and/or suggestions.

PS: Add a bookmark to the main page! I created a custom icon in the URL. :)

#2 nick84

nick84

• Agents of the Revolution
  • 1,680 posts

Posted 07 October 2002 - 07:10 AM

"Nick84 - Head of overseas division" - Thanks, thats got a nice ring to it!

BTW How did you make/where did you get your custom icon from?

And I looks like you’ve got it all covered but if you need any extra help with the site, just ask ^_^

#3 nick84

nick84

• 1,680 posts

Posted 07 October 2002 - 07:24 AM

Not sure if you want any dynamic elements on the front page, like a counter/connecting ip/hostname display or something, but if you do and you have got a cgi-bin directory/perl script execute access on the site then I’d be happy to code something up for you?

#4 StankDawg

StankDawg

same old Dawg, no new tricks

• Moderating Team
  • 8,073 posts

Posted 07 October 2002 - 09:50 AM

absolutely! I still am not sure what I want there, but I am trying to stay away from that cliched left nav-bar format that I see everywhere.

I am trying to keep the main page on 1 screen, to avoid scrolling. So I don't have a lot of room for too much on the front page.

Remember those "h1dd3n" pages you asked about? (Don't discuss them here, and give them away to anyone) I thought we could put some nice little jokes/scripts there to get some 411 from people.

I will thin about some ideas.

#5 nick84

nick84

• 1,680 posts

Posted 09 October 2002 - 11:36 AM

I've coded a reasonable back end, for one of the pages we

Don't discuss

I’ll IM/mail it to you :) but im sure someone else would be able to code a better interface with JAVA or something? (I might have another go my self later if no one else does)

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!