• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Random_Cola

Random_Cola

Gibson Hacker

• Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 15 July 2004 - 07:20 AM

So. I pick up my phone the other day, and when I look at the display, it says, YEE HAW HAX...now. I know no one touched my phone...I think I would notice someone digging around in my pocket..... <_< the point being, how could my prepaid verizon phone be "hacked", "cloned" what ever...It is a Virgin Mobile VOX 2...intresting enough, what ever someone did to my phone, gave me some extra minutes :P

#2 HoldThePhone

HoldThePhone

SUP3R 31337

• Members
  • 168 posts

Posted 15 July 2004 - 07:32 AM

Hey, at least they (VM) don't have any contact information of yours, right? Perhaps you could leave a message for the "Hacker"?
BlakeOPS

#3 Random_Cola

Random_Cola

Gibson Hacker

• Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 15 July 2004 - 07:39 AM

Yah, the whole reason I bought a prepaid, was so it would be hard to track me down...I'm just parinoid ;) ...its just the principal...I never got owned before -_-

#4 BlackRatchet

BlackRatchet

Dangerous free thinker

• Agents of the Revolution
  • 1,837 posts

Posted 15 July 2004 - 08:34 AM

Hey, at least they (VM) don't have any contact information of yours, right? Perhaps you could leave a message for the "Hacker"?
BlakeOPS

<noob_question>
You don't need to give any contact information for a prepaid phone? Do you need to give /anything/?
</noob_question>

#5 Random_Cola

Random_Cola

Gibson Hacker

• Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 15 July 2004 - 08:50 AM

BlakeOPS

<noob_question>
You don't need to give any contact information for a prepaid phone? Do you need to give /anything/?
</noob_question>

They generally, ASK for your name and all that when you activate your phone, but just as well, I told them my name is bob dole and i live on well. i dont remember where i told them i lived, but i didn't give them my home...anyway... :umph:

#6 Bizurke

Bizurke

Thought Criminal

• Members
  • 1,018 posts

Posted 16 July 2004 - 12:20 PM

my I-wireless/t-mobile prepaid phone is registered to "Bizurke Phreaker" at "420 Sky high Lane"

#7 phreakblaze

phreakblaze

...and would you belive they let me play with 30TB!!!

• Binrev Financier
  • 1,670 posts

Posted 16 July 2004 - 12:41 PM

BlakeOPS

<noob_question>
</noob_question>

They generally, ASK for your name and all that when you activate your phone, but just as well, I told them my name is bob dole and i live on well. i dont remember where i told them i lived, but i didn't give them my home...anyway... :umph:

Bob Dole doesn't say Bob Dole as much as Bob Dole heresn people think Bob Dole says Bob Dole, Bob Dole doesn't refer to Bob Dole in the Bob Dole third person, Bob Dole Bob Dole Bob Dole Bob Dole Bob Dole and then Bob Dole Bob Dole Bob Dole .

#8 greyarea

greyarea

Dangerous free thinker

• Banned
  • 886 posts

Posted 23 July 2004 - 10:25 PM

my I-wireless/t-mobile prepaid phone is registered to "Bizurke Phreaker" at "420 Sky high Lane"

Heh Thats comedy.

#9 Spaz101

Spaz101

Spaz is lame...

• Members
  • 1,086 posts

Posted 24 July 2004 - 12:24 AM

haha i like that, i ownder if Bob Dole fell asleep sayign his name so much... anyways i havent yet tryed the prepaid, do i just head to my cell provider. and whats the going prices and mins.

#10 phreakblaze

phreakblaze

• Binrev Financier
  • 1,670 posts

Posted 24 July 2004 - 09:22 PM

dude you can go to 7-11 and get prepaid, its that simple, att requires a credit card or a cash payment in person.

#11 Black Hand

Black Hand

SUP3R 31337

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 24 July 2004 - 11:59 PM

dude you can go to 7-11 and get prepaid, its that simple, att requires a credit card or a cash payment in person. 

What do you have to show them to get the phone? What kinda ID?

EDIT: Is AT&T the company that has the phones at 7-11? If so, you already partially answered my question.

Edited by Black Hand, 25 July 2004 - 12:01 AM.

#12 Pig Monkey

Pig Monkey

SUP3R 31337

• Members
  • 179 posts

Posted 25 July 2004 - 12:21 AM

Your sig is distracting me from the educational content of these forums.

:P

#13 AlphaFlood

AlphaFlood

SUPR3M3 31337 Mack Daddy P1MP

• Members
  • 334 posts

Posted 25 July 2004 - 01:45 AM

Is AT&T the company that has the phones at 7-11?

Our 7-11 carries Trac-fone. Remember? That phone I told you we needed to purchase? :roll:

#14 GIJoe

GIJoe

0v3n /\/\1tt

• 2,020 posts

Posted 25 July 2004 - 09:20 AM

Tracfone is good as a 'disposable' cell phone because the cells themselves are cheap as you said ($40), but the minutes are horribly overpriced

#15 phreakblaze

phreakblaze

• Binrev Financier
  • 1,670 posts

Posted 25 July 2004 - 07:55 PM

my 7-11 does t-mobile, tracphone, and cingualr and cards for each, I like the disposability of track phone, if only they used sims. Att prepaid (like the type that uses cards other wise know as the sucky type) is sold at target, but the good type (the type you can get free nights and weekends with) has a catch, you get it at best buy, but must at least be able to pay in person at a local att store (like att only not like a cell king or something like that an all around cell store)and you must pay 40 dollars every 30 days its like having a real cell phone but a. you don't go over the minutes or thats it! b.you get night and weekend (woot for me, you get free ld too!) c. stuff

I have my good att phone which I use almost as my real phone (its not tied to my name therefore almost, oh and my parents don't know I have it) and too of the pre paid card phones for what ever may come up... I love prepaid phones and phone cards.

#16 GIJoe

GIJoe

0v3n /\/\1tt

• 2,020 posts

Posted 25 July 2004 - 08:49 PM

Just so you know, the crappy AT&T prepaid where you buy the cards with minutes is called Free2Go, and as you said the other one is GoPhone. For GoPhone you can also attach it to credit/debit card or bank account.

#17 phreakblaze

phreakblaze

• Binrev Financier
  • 1,670 posts

Posted 02 August 2004 - 01:09 PM

For GoPhone you can also attach it to credit/debit card or bank account.

I know, but I don't have one of them so its cash for me, I just wish the store was within walking distance <_< .

#18 rEph

rEph

mad 1337

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 04 August 2004 - 09:03 PM

if you have bluetooth on yer phone (which for some reason many do this day) you may be victim of a walkby hack, in other words someone may be runing one of those annoying bluetooth annoyance scripts, ya walk by and it just does whatever they told it to to yer phone/pda etc...

#19 nick84

nick84

• 1,680 posts

Posted 05 August 2004 - 03:27 PM

It is possible to send “Flash SMS” messages to phones which show up on the display straight away but they would disappear when you press any button.

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!