3 replies to this topic

#1 latency

latency

Mack Daddy 31337

• Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 02 October 2002 - 01:37 PM

saw this on cryptogon.com -
"SAIC to Upgrade NSA Intercept Capabilities :.

$282 million dollars are about to be spent on Echelon (NSA surveillance systems designed to make sure you're not a troublemaker). They say this is part of the War to Save the Children, or something, but it's actually going to be used to intercept every email you send and receive, keep track of every web site you visit and parse all of your mostly inane instant messages."

there's also a reminder about Jam Echelon Day on Oct 21 - I've participated for the past couple of years...who knows what little success it's had but it's fun to do if you're bored and/or have a death wish that involves "assisted suicide" or "dissapearing" :roll:

it doesn't say but I wonder if this increased spending has anything to do with the propsed cybersecurity plan?

#2 latency

latency

Mack Daddy 31337

• Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 09 December 2002 - 02:42 PM

just looking through old posts...
I think this increased spending makes a bit more sense now
TIA and all...although I know it's not specifically the NSA who's doing it but who knows what they're up to now.

#3 zerodata

zerodata

Gibson Hacker

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 09 December 2002 - 05:50 PM

eh ? ? ? ? ?

www.cryptogon.com

12/7/2002

Dear Readers,

The Cryptogon is closed. Thank you for visiting and contributing. Unfortunately, there is no point in continuing to maintain the site as events are clearly outpacing all efforts to raise consciousness about what is occurring. There is no conspiracy related to this site closing down. The site was taking a great deal of time to maintain, readership was not increasing and financial contributions were non existent. And since many of my readers came from .mil and .gov, I decided that they probably had built up enough of a file on me to last for several tyrannical regimes.

At some point in the future, I may start a fee based news letter, or some other project. If you want to be informed of such developments, send me an email (kevin at cryptogon dot com) with the word INTERESTED in the subject heading. Email addresses will only be used for notification purposes.

I wish all of you the best of luck.

Take care,
Kevin

#4 latency

latency

Mack Daddy 31337

• Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 09 December 2002 - 07:26 PM

Yeah I know...I posted that first thing a while ago
i'm really bummed that cryptogon shut down - that was a daily read for me - really amazing stuff.

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!