• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#21 Spaz101

Spaz101

Spaz is lame...

• Members
  • 1,086 posts

Posted 11 June 2004 - 02:14 PM

or you could get a wooden wall mount fone and change th inside crap and put in a modern day system and use one of thoes as a phone, i got one mabe i should do it... but my mom would get pissed (an old western electric phone she got for 100 bucks back in the 80s and its worth around 700 last time i looked, mabe some puctures can be shown)

#22 Strom Carlson

Strom Carlson

Nub

• Members
  • 2,575 posts

Posted 11 June 2004 - 02:49 PM

you would actually dare to descrate a western electric magneto phone?!

BURN IN HELL!!!!!! :nono:

#23 doug

doug

BinRev veteran

• Members
  • 1,194 posts

Posted 11 June 2004 - 03:00 PM

actually u find quite a few good real payphones off ebay for about 100 bucks, because of busniess that dont use them anymore, etc.

#24 BriskAttivo

BriskAttivo

Mack Daddy 31337

• Members
  • 245 posts

Posted 11 June 2004 - 03:11 PM

You're talking about COCOTs though.

#25 phreakblaze

phreakblaze

...and would you belive they let me play with 30TB!!!

• Members
  • 1,670 posts

Posted 12 June 2004 - 11:55 AM

there is a chinese food place, and thier phone in the back has a big out of order sign on it, and still has all the ball atlantic suff on it. If you have any places where the phone doesn't work, or has older instruction cards( assuming your area has been updating instruction cards like mine) ask if you can take it, or go to and shut down gas station and pry like hell, if its been their for a while it should just come right out of a concrete wall!

#26 Spaz101

Spaz101

Spaz is lame...

• Members
  • 1,086 posts

Posted 12 June 2004 - 06:17 PM

you would actually dare to descrate a western electric magneto phone?!

BURN IN HELL!!!!!! 

you have to admit it would be cool to have someone be like can i use the phone, and you reply sure and the look on the face would be great confusion

#27 twirlz

twirlz

Default Custom Title

• Agents of the Revolution
  • 1,200 posts

Posted 12 June 2004 - 06:35 PM

i would like ot have a payphone in my place BUT have to pay to use it ( but i would have the key for the coin box ) but then if someone came over i could charge them to use my phone.... but i would have to give them back their money if they did pay for the call!!!

could that be done? or would you need to connect to a manager like stroms phone that he was talking about on haxor radio?

#28 Spaz101

Spaz101

Spaz is lame...

• Members
  • 1,086 posts

Posted 12 June 2004 - 06:41 PM

just order a cocot and im sure itll pay itself in a week or so :) a few grand is easy to come by

#29 RijilV

RijilV

HACK THE PLANET!

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 12 June 2004 - 09:57 PM

and further more, I bet you could add ACTS to asterisk wihout much effort...that would kick ass...

#30 twirlz

twirlz

Default Custom Title

• Agents of the Revolution
  • 1,200 posts

Posted 13 June 2004 - 12:19 AM

and further more, I bet you could add ACTS to asterisk wihout much effort...that would kick ass...

can we say red box?

#31 Strom Carlson

Strom Carlson

Nub

• Members
  • 2,575 posts

Posted 13 June 2004 - 10:42 AM

If you have a regular electromechanical non-COCOT type Western Electric phone, then you could theoretically order a coin line from the telephone company and it would work just like a telco payphone on the street. In fact, once the business office opens, I'm going to try calling Verizon California and see if that's possible :)

#32 phreakblaze

phreakblaze

• Members
  • 1,670 posts

Posted 14 June 2004 - 05:43 PM

If you call verizon cion division, they can tranfer you like 20 times to places that are verizon run but are the last stop between street and destruction.

#33 HoldThePhone

HoldThePhone

SUP3R 31337

• Members
  • 168 posts

Posted 14 June 2004 - 07:10 PM

I was about to purchase a payphone on eBay, but after emailing the seller I found out that the payphone came without:
1) Keys
2) Admin software (ExpressNET/Panorama)
The phone is useless if you cannot get inside to maintain it, or program the phone.

If you get a Protel (I was about to...)
ExpressNet costs $199.00
A rate file costs $30.00
If you're going to use it for a home phone, this is absurd. If you are installing your own COCOT, it would pay for itself in a few months...

If anyone has used Expressnet or Panorama, email me.

#34 Spaz101

Spaz101

Spaz is lame...

• Members
  • 1,086 posts

Posted 14 June 2004 - 09:42 PM

or you could be like that guy that the telcos are after that just stole a whoe payfone off the wall :)

#35 darkraider

darkraider

Sean who? I'M THE FUCKING MAN!!!

• Members
  • 283 posts

Posted 18 June 2004 - 11:07 AM

My Grandpa has a old skool Pay phone from the 1930's he also has the phone booth to go with it. I was looking at it and it said it cost $.05 to make a local call and it is not touch tone to top it all off if u push on the back wall of the booth it takes you into the speak easy ( a hidden room containing a bar, slot machines, piano. it is sweet as hell i need to go back to MN and get some pictures of it.

#36 phreakblaze

phreakblaze

• Members
  • 1,670 posts

Posted 18 June 2004 - 09:20 PM

If you get only a western electric phones used by the telco, then to program it you need to only move a few dip switches inside

#37 Strom Carlson

Strom Carlson

Nub

• Members
  • 2,575 posts

Posted 19 June 2004 - 12:49 AM

If you get only a western electric phones used by the telco, then to program it you need to only move a few dip switches inside

well, i don't think "program" would be the right term; "set the totalizer" would be more technically correct.

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!