7 replies to this topic

#1 Havoc

Havoc

"I Hack, therefore, I am"

• Agents of the Revolution
  • 923 posts

Posted 29 May 2004 - 04:30 AM

This is kind of new interesting idea, here is an article

When Bluephone becomes available later this year it could cut firms' bills by connecting mobile phones to internal systems when they are in range. Calls could then be routed more cheaply over the PSTN telephone network or the internet. The service uses a Bluetooth wireless link and only switches to the more expensive cellular network when users are out of range.

#2 replax

replax

Hakker addict

• Members
  • 505 posts

Posted 29 May 2004 - 04:43 AM

quite interesting, would be cool to see that kind of thing, so an asterisk box can have an entire internal network of cell phones, all with the capability of dialing out over voip, pstn, or the cell provider.

#3 Cessna

Cessna

SUP3R 31337 P1MP

• Members
  • 256 posts

Posted 29 May 2004 - 02:00 PM

Yeah I talked about this back around March 29 on Default Daily It sounds pretty cool. But what about the security issues with wifi. Your article talks about using Bluetooth so i guess you wouldn't have to worry as much about the bluetooth due to the more limited range of it. I suppose it could be more fun for us. Forget wardriving, hello wifi telephone call monitoring. Still it's somethign to keep an eye on. Here's the link to the March 29 Episode Of Default Daily/ Telephonic Default

Oh by the way little hint. The voicemail recording stops because the laser voice mail boxes hang up on you if it detects any DTMF. We spent like 15 min recording the episode so we just said the heck with it left it like it was.

Edited by Cessna, 29 May 2004 - 02:09 PM.

#4 Parapsycho

Parapsycho

DDP Fan club member

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 29 May 2004 - 04:17 PM

Thats awesome!
Just goes to show that the phreaking scene will still be around indefinately. Old technologies and techniques will eventually phase out, but new technologies will step in to take their place. And we can all stand around one day and say "Remember when they introduced Bluephone?"

#5 replax

replax

Hakker addict

• Members
  • 505 posts

Posted 29 May 2004 - 04:23 PM

something similar.
avaya/motorola/proxim phones

uses 802.11a instead of bluetooth

#6 HoldThePhone

HoldThePhone

SUP3R 31337

• Members
  • 168 posts

Posted 30 May 2004 - 02:07 AM

Oh dude! You could totally make a beige box out of this!

#7 GIJoe

GIJoe

0v3n /\/\1tt

• Agents of the Revolution
  • 2,020 posts

Posted 30 May 2004 - 09:51 AM

I seriously hope that was a retarded stab at a joke. If so, stop it. If not, this is a technology for networking existing networks....

#8 Spaz101

Spaz101

Spaz is lame...

• Members
  • 1,086 posts

Posted 30 May 2004 - 10:36 AM

ive herd of things like these but i cant remeber where, as of the beige, it may be possible but pointless :)

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!