• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Klipper

Klipper

SUP3R 31337

• Members
  • 153 posts

Posted 17 May 2004 - 08:53 PM

ok, so i actually just found out about the green box yesterday as i was going through the phreak box files on P7A but i was wondering if it still worked :huh:

#2 neuro

neuro

biggest post whore in history

• Members
  • 2,047 posts

Posted 18 May 2004 - 03:46 AM

ok, so i actually just found out about the green box yesterday as i was going through the phreak box files on P7A but i was wondering if it still worked :huh:

no

#3 Klipper

Klipper

SUP3R 31337

• Members
  • 153 posts

Posted 18 May 2004 - 11:49 PM

it doesn't even work on old fones, like the kind that red boxing still works on?

#4 Jberryman

Jberryman

SUP3R 31337 P1MP

• Members
  • 283 posts

Posted 18 May 2004 - 11:59 PM

the fixer's box review is a good first stop for any box-related questions

#5 Klipper

Klipper

SUP3R 31337

• Members
  • 153 posts

Posted 19 May 2004 - 12:09 AM

sweet thanx for the link man!

#6 av1d

av1d

Hakker addict

• Agents of the Revolution
  • 508 posts

Posted 21 May 2004 - 01:17 AM

note: this is just a rant and isn't directed torwards anyone, I know it sounds flame-ish

It's possible that the greenbox may still work somewhere.
Let's not rule out the fact that ACTS tones are MF tones, and probably not too many people experiment with that system.
If you're not sure if it works or not, I'd urge you to try it... you have nothing to lose and everything to gain. There are no magical tone detectors that trigger the police or any of that bullshit. There are lots of boxes that are overlooked and called obsolete because someone says it doesn't work and everyone follows suit... like the silver box, which is still perfectly usefull. Actually it's more usefull to us now then it was when those old texts were written.
Ok, now that that is outta my system... :roll:
The file CTGB.MP3 from art of hacking is a Protel greenbox, which definately still works (on Protel COCOTS only).

Edited by av1d, 21 May 2004 - 01:18 AM.

#7 Spaz101

Spaz101

Spaz is lame...

• Members
  • 1,086 posts

Posted 23 May 2004 - 12:32 PM

yeah i dont like boxes... not many usefull ones and for the ones that do work are either too obvious to not work or just useless

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!