• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Klipper

Klipper

SUP3R 31337

• Members
  • 153 posts

Posted 05 May 2004 - 10:19 PM

Ok, so my middle school has about 100 computers, and I wanna find out how I might b able to screw with them a little, NO HARM, just learning and crap like that.

heres what my school runs:
Novell Client for Windows
v4.83.0.0 SP2

On these platforms:
Windows XP *presumably Pro* - Laptops, some higher-end computers in lab
Windows 98 *possibly SE* - Normal terminals in lab
Windows 95 - About 3 of these boxes in every class room

The UN and password are in this format:
UN: *grad year*first initial*last name* - ex. 4lrenard
PW: 4-digit Student ID - ex. 5342

There is a server rack I've seen in a double locked room in the hall, it looks pretty full.

Does anyone know of a sight i can access on one of the computers that will tell me the IP that is the last hop out to the internet? I would have to do it covertly, or have one of my hencmen to do it, becuase i got banned from the computer for running winipconfig, but it told me no info, god damn stupid fucking schools!

Thanx a shit load
-g_virus

Edited by g_virus, 05 May 2004 - 11:49 PM.

#2 regicide666

regicide666

SUPR3M3 31337 Mack Daddy P1MP

• Members
  • 452 posts

Posted 06 May 2004 - 12:00 AM

like http://whatsmyip.org/

edit: nice avatar

Edited by regicide666, 06 May 2004 - 12:01 AM.

#3 Klipper

Klipper

SUP3R 31337

• Members
  • 153 posts

Posted 06 May 2004 - 12:25 AM

thanx for the link, and thanx for the compliment, i think i will keep it until bush is formally executed for his sins! ;)

#4 kobs

kobs

DDP Fan club member

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 06 May 2004 - 05:20 AM

Wow, your sysadmins are incredibly moronic for having each student's password in the same form. They should be able to freely choose one of their liking.

#5 StankDawg

StankDawg

same old Dawg, no new tricks

• Moderating Team
  • 8,073 posts

Posted 06 May 2004 - 07:37 AM

tracert it and check every pop on the way out. One of them will be the gateway out, and you will also see every box along the way. Check each one of them individually to figure out what/where they are.

#6 Klipper

Klipper

SUP3R 31337

• Members
  • 153 posts

Posted 06 May 2004 - 08:49 AM

yeah, thats a good idea, now...
do u know of a small, simple traceroute program, that i can fit on a floppy, run, then print out the data?

#7 ntheory

ntheory

data pillager

• Agents of the Revolution
  • 1,757 posts

Posted 06 May 2004 - 09:34 AM

Windows comes with "tracert". If your admins deleted it from the system you could easily fit that on a floppy. Then:
tracert www.yahoo.com > yahootracert.txt

#8 phreakblaze

phreakblaze

...and would you belive they let me play with 30TB!!!

• Members
  • 1,670 posts

Posted 15 May 2004 - 12:15 AM

A novel network shoud be easy if your sys admins are that dumb, I know of atleast 2 ways to get a list of every username in the system, including defaults.

I have like 12 default usernames. 6 of them are student level, 5 teacher level, and 1 updater( I call it that because if you go on a comp with the old client loaded on, it will automaticly update).

Can you acesse some of the areas on the server from your username?
Do they use ZenWorks (thats the client to track you)?
the winipcfg in my school gave my the ip of the proxy to get to the net, and this proxy was 1 ip of from the router which had the html adminastration active.

Mainly watch out for the Zenworks client, you only delete it from dos, I did and they havent seen a thing I've done (nothing much, just some exploreing)

#9 Klipper

Klipper

SUP3R 31337

• Members
  • 153 posts

Posted 15 May 2004 - 03:56 AM

well, im not sure of the exacts, and i dont belive i will be able to know on the acount that i am now banned from the computers for printing out the winipcfg info on a library comp. all i know is that i have been told that they can see anything i do on the computer.

#10 kleptic

kleptic

SUP3R 31337 P1MP

• Members
  • 283 posts

Posted 15 May 2004 - 12:26 PM

from my experience most highschool sysadmins are morons. when I was in high school my sysadmin looked like a rat with red hair.

#11 phreakblaze

phreakblaze

...and would you belive they let me play with 30TB!!!

• Members
  • 1,670 posts

Posted 15 May 2004 - 08:43 PM

from my experience most highschool sysadmins are morons. when I was in high school my sysadmin looked like a rat with red hair.

mines a prune with glasses.
They track you with a client called ZenWroks in most novell networks. I got rid of it on my everydy computer that I use in java class, I went through dos and deleted, C:\novel\zenrc\ .

they wont even notice it doesn't load when that computer is logged in. You just got to remove it from the system.ini too, no one should notice.

#12 grannybacon

grannybacon

the 0ne

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 05:17 PM

A novel network shoud be easy if your sys admins are that dumb, I know of atleast 2 ways to get a list of every username in the system, including defaults.

I have like 12 default usernames. 6 of them are student level, 5 teacher level, and 1 updater( I call it that because if you go on a comp with the old client loaded on, it will automaticly update).

Can you acesse some of the areas on the server from your username?
Do they use ZenWorks (thats the client to track you)?
the winipcfg in my school gave my the ip of the proxy to get to the net, and this proxy was 1 ip of from the router which had the html adminastration active.

Mainly watch out for the Zenworks client, you only delete it from dos, I did and they havent seen a thing I've done (nothing much, just some exploreing)

How did you figure this out. What did you do to get all of that information!!  :confused:

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!