4 replies to this topic

#1 StankDawg

StankDawg

same old Dawg, no new tricks

• Moderating Team
  • 8,073 posts

Posted 27 January 2003 - 03:20 PM

http://news.com.com/...ag=fd_lede2_hed

"We oppose efforts by Hollywood to use the government to design antipiracy technology"

#2 hacnslash

hacnslash

Banisher of n00bs

• Agents of the Revolution
  • 2,454 posts

Posted 27 January 2003 - 03:48 PM

Piracy is probably never going to "erode video sales" or any other sales for that matter. I mean, I have been trying to get a good clean copy of attack of the clones off of the gnutella network since the damn thing came out, and I haven't gotten it yet, I've already seen the movie twice, cuz I rented the dvd, so there really is no substance to what they are saying, why the fuck am I goin to choose to see the fuckin movie on my fuckin monitor that's only 17 fuckin inches diagonally (16 in. viewable), when I can see it on that huge ass screen at the theater. And furthermore "piracy" has been around for a very long time, and you don't see a lot of movie stars and singers beggin' for change on the sidewalk, now do ya?!?! Geez, these things are gonna give me an ulcer if I keep gettin mad like this, ok calm....down....calm......

#3 paracord

paracord

SUP3R 31337

• Members
  • 170 posts

Posted 27 January 2003 - 05:22 PM

I have been trying to get a good clean copy of attack of the clones off of the gnutella network since the damn thing came out, and I haven't gotten it yet, I've already seen the movie twice, cuz I rented the dvd

Instead of trying to download it, just "rip" it off the DVD the next time you rent it. :ninja:

#4 hacnslash

hacnslash

Banisher of n00bs

• Agents of the Revolution
  • 2,454 posts

Posted 27 January 2003 - 05:25 PM

damn it :grr: , I should've done that, but I'm prolly not gonna rent the dvd again, if anything I'm gonna buy it, I mean, I saw it twice (and btw it's not that great a movie), and renting it again wouldn't have any sence.

#5 paracord

paracord

SUP3R 31337

• Members
  • 170 posts

Posted 27 January 2003 - 08:40 PM

and btw it's not that great a movie

It's sad when you go to see such a huge film and the best part is an animated 3 foot muppet in a light saber fight.

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!