see also....

http://www.binrevmeetings.com/

#82 riscphree

riscphree

Dangerous free thinker

• Members
  • 1,936 posts

Posted 19 June 2005 - 12:56 AM

loving the "hi" at the very bottom stank ;)

ahh geez, they (referring to the "hi"s) are all over.

Edited by riscphree, 19 June 2005 - 01:01 AM.

#83 lostbaka

lostbaka

Gibson Hacker

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 25 June 2005 - 08:12 PM

Went to the Westfield Mall in Millford today, two things of interests:
1) A Panera Bread is opening on the 30th
2) Mall has wifi access points of undertermined use (gotta remember to bring pda with me more often)

#84 ticom

ticom

SUPR3M3 31337 Mack Daddy P1MP

• Moderating Team
  • 420 posts

Posted 25 June 2005 - 10:35 PM

Went to the Westfield Mall in Millford today, two things of interests:
1) A Panera Bread is opening on the 30th
2) Mall has wifi access points of undertermined use (gotta remember to bring pda with me more often)

View Post

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ct2600/

Date: Thu Jun 23, 2005 4:14 pm
Subject: Re: [ct2600] Re: New CT Hackers & Phreaks meeting
Well because nobody seems to be able to make a
decision on what time we will be holding this first
meeting, I have decided that it will be at 7:00 pm on
Saturday the 2nd of July. We will still be meeting at
the Barnes & Noble in Farmington. I hope all of you
who wanted to change it to Saturday, are able to show
up. I think this can be a success, but everyone has to
commit to comming to the meetings. So I hope to see
everyone at our first meeting.

Edited by Ticom, 25 June 2005 - 10:36 PM.

#85 ticom

ticom

• Moderating Team
  • 420 posts

Posted 18 October 2006 - 04:48 PM

(crossposted)

Here is the info for new meetings in Connecticut.

Sundays, 1930 (7:30 PM) local time, Barnes & Noble bookstore (coffee shop), Canton, CT. Meeting frequency 151.880 MHz. CSQ.

Address:
The Shoppes at Farmington Valley
110 Albany Tpk #305
Canton, CT 06019

#86 ticom

ticom

• Moderating Team
  • 420 posts

Posted 12 November 2006 - 10:34 AM

I'm curious...

It would have been safe to assume that since there was an interest in Connecticut hackers and other technological hobbyists getting together that there might have been more of a showing at the CT meetings on Sunday evenings. However, so far the activity has been non-existent.

So everyone tell me, is it the day/time that's the issue, or have previous activities in the CT scene turned people off to it?

The former we can do something about right away, the latter might take a little longer.

Edited by Ticom, 12 November 2006 - 10:35 AM.

#87 Mr. White

Mr. White

HACK THE PLANET!

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 16 November 2006 - 07:09 PM

I'm curious...

It would have been safe to assume that since there was an interest in Connecticut hackers and other technological hobbyists getting together that there might have been more of a showing at the CT meetings on Sunday evenings. However, so far the activity has been non-existent.

So everyone tell me, is it the day/time that's the issue, or have previous activities in the CT scene turned people off to it?

The former we can do something about right away, the latter might take a little longer.

I would love to attend and since it's come up a few weeks back every Sunday I've been debating on showing up. I have no previous experience with the scene so I'm not worried about the past. I'm just at the busiest I've ever been and thus have not been able to show up. Since there has not been a set date I've had the mentality for the last month that there is always next week.

#88 StankDawg

StankDawg

same old Dawg, no new tricks

• Moderating Team
  • 8,075 posts

Posted 11 February 2007 - 06:22 PM

^BUMP^

dead or alive?

#89 whitespace

whitespace

Will I break 10 posts?

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 June 2007 - 07:49 PM

i wish this was still alive...

#90 Sidepocket

Sidepocket

mad 1337

• Members
  • 124 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 04:26 AM

Why bother with a 2600 meeting? Well, let's see, do people in the users group talk about hacking, phreaking, social engineering, trashing, etc?

I haven't heard of anyone saying something interesting at a 2600 meeting since the early 1990s when it was found out that the NYSP BCI (that's New York State Police Bureau of Criminal Investigation) was surveilling the NYC meeting. I also know for a fact that the DC and Philly meetings also received similar treatment. I even think we might have had an undercover-type at the Meriden meeting once. His face kinda blanched when I started using cop terms at him. LOL.

Talking about illegal activities in front of complete strangers whom you are not sure how trustworthy they are is a sure fire way to get busted. Just ask that kid in Southbury who decided that his laser printer was handy for making his own $100 bills.

You would be surprised who shows up at user group meetings... Especially in this state. Get to know some of the crusty old timers, get them to trust that you won't act stupid, and you never know what you might learn. There are some really old school hackers and phreaks whom go back to the early 1980s (and still do it), and won't go near a 2600 meeting. They will show up at user group meetings though. HINT: Don't use a handle, and don't go asking blatent questions until they get to know you.

Finally, 2600 is the ship's bilge of hack rags. Blacklisted 411 puts out a far better publication in my opinion and GBPPR zine is even better and free http://www.gbppr.org/. If you want to spend money, you're far better off subscribing to Circuit Cellar Ink and Dr. Dobbs Journal if you want to actualy learn something.

Why do I have a feeling I would not like this guy in person? :ahole:

#91 Rightcoast

Rightcoast

mmm ... donuts

• Agents of the Revolution
  • 2,074 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 12:02 PM

Why bother with a 2600 meeting? Well, let's see, do people in the users group talk about hacking, phreaking, social engineering, trashing, etc?

I haven't heard of anyone saying something interesting at a 2600 meeting since the early 1990s when it was found out that the NYSP BCI (that's New York State Police Bureau of Criminal Investigation) was surveilling the NYC meeting. I also know for a fact that the DC and Philly meetings also received similar treatment. I even think we might have had an undercover-type at the Meriden meeting once. His face kinda blanched when I started using cop terms at him. LOL.

Talking about illegal activities in front of complete strangers whom you are not sure how trustworthy they are is a sure fire way to get busted. Just ask that kid in Southbury who decided that his laser printer was handy for making his own $100 bills.

You would be surprised who shows up at user group meetings... Especially in this state. Get to know some of the crusty old timers, get them to trust that you won't act stupid, and you never know what you might learn. There are some really old school hackers and phreaks whom go back to the early 1980s (and still do it), and won't go near a 2600 meeting. They will show up at user group meetings though. HINT: Don't use a handle, and don't go asking blatent questions until they get to know you.

Finally, 2600 is the ship's bilge of hack rags. Blacklisted 411 puts out a far better publication in my opinion and GBPPR zine is even better and free http://www.gbppr.org/. If you want to spend money, you're far better off subscribing to Circuit Cellar Ink and Dr. Dobbs Journal if you want to actualy learn something.

You got me. I saw someone point out an opinion politely and with well illustrated points. You said you don't like him and called him an asshole.

Call me crazy, but I know who I would rather have at my meeting from the short exchange here.

#92 Sidepocket

Sidepocket

mad 1337

• Members
  • 124 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 08:23 PM

You got me. I saw someone point out an opinion politely and with well illustrated points. You said you don't like him and called him an asshole.

Call me crazy, but I know who I would rather have at my meeting from the short exchange here.

I think your are slightly delusional. I did not call him an asshole per say, I just think its a very cool icon.

Besides, did you just not say a more complicated and verbose version of I am brutish and stupid?

Why not just use the words and cut out the middle man? Unless you have a badly damaged ego to feed that is. :usuck:

#93 moocruligan

moocruligan

Will I break 10 posts?

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 11:42 AM

hey, i just came across this site, i have a few questions (please forgive me if im sopposed to post this else where).

1) are meetings in CT still active?
2) is this just a group of young kids looking to hack something? or is it all ages people looking to discuss Ethical hacking or security issues?

because im not looking to do anything stupid on watched networks at this point in my life. ha

thanks

- moocru

#94 ticom

ticom

• Moderating Team
  • 420 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 10:31 PM

1) Yes. They are on the first Friday night of the month at Paneria Bread on the Berlin Turnpike in Newington. Starts around 6/6:30 PM.
2) It is all ages. Attendees are from 15-45. Friendly group of people.
3) Web site of a sorts is at http://www.ctgeeks.org/

hey, i just came across this site, i have a few questions (please forgive me if im sopposed to post this else where).

1) are meetings in CT still active?
2) is this just a group of young kids looking to hack something? or is it all ages people looking to discuss Ethical hacking or security issues?

because im not looking to do anything stupid on watched networks at this point in my life. ha

thanks

- moocru

#95 moocruligan

moocruligan

Will I break 10 posts?

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 03:21 AM

thanks man. so tommoro then?

#96 ticom

ticom

• Moderating Team
  • 420 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 11:12 PM

You're welcome!

It took a few years to do, but the current CT hacker "First Friday" meetings are now consistent and regular and should be that way for a while. Not my scene anymore, but for those who are into the social aspects it's a good meet.

#97 ticom

ticom

• Moderating Team
  • 420 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 02:21 PM

http://sites.google....onnecticut2600/

Someone set up a new location. Guess I'm going to have to take a drive down one first friday, and meet the new generation.

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!