• Please log in to reply
96 replies to this topic

#41 ntheory

ntheory

data pillager

• Agents of the Revolution
  • 1,757 posts

Posted 07 May 2004 - 08:40 PM

Well absolutely nobody showed up. It was me and my friend that I went with. I am dissapointed that nobody came. I would like to try again next month, but I don't wanna waste my time.

All kinds of crap came up at the last minute so I couldn't make it. I should get in touch with you offline about the details for next time.

#42 Curious George

Curious George

Gibson Hacker

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 07 May 2004 - 09:24 PM

I tried calling your asterisk box but I guess the back door has been changed. I will send you an e-mail with my cell number in it.

#43 screamer

screamer

SUPR3M3 31337 Mack Daddy P1MP

• Members
  • 347 posts

Posted 08 May 2004 - 09:11 AM

Tom Icom emailed me not too long ago about heading out to the New York meetings. Icom, for those that don't know, was a writer for 2600 back in the day and headed up the meetz in Meriden until they died off.

I think the way meetings start is by having a group of friends that hang out in that area and just shoot the shit. After a while you can start telling others, and given a few weeks, maybe more people will show. But to just tell everyone "come here for a meeting" probably won't accomplish much. Why should I go? What can I expect? Is it going to be boring as all hell like the others I've been to?

It's tough, but I wish everyone the best of luck in getting a CT meeting off the ground...I just wonder how long it will last, especially with most folks just heading out to the NYC ones.

#44 Curious George

Curious George

Gibson Hacker

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 22 May 2004 - 08:16 AM

The time is fast approaching again for another attempt at a CT 2600 meeting. I would still like to meet at the same place & time. I hope some people can make it this time. I still think that this could be good meetings. We have a bunch of 1337 hackers & phreakers in the area. If you think you can make it to the meeting, respond to this and let me know. Thanx a lot.

#45 Blue

Blue

H4x0r

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 22 May 2004 - 11:13 AM

I live in Winsted, CT. It will be a bit of a drive but I will see if I can make it.

#46 ntheory

ntheory

data pillager

• Agents of the Revolution
  • 1,757 posts

Posted 22 May 2004 - 01:06 PM

Winsted? I've spent many drunk nights there (and in Torrington). Memories...

I'm starting to think that CT2600 is doomed though. We'll see what happens next time.

#47 Curious George

Curious George

Gibson Hacker

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 24 May 2004 - 05:31 PM

That sucks! I'm not about to drive into NY every month. so I guess we will just have to give it one more try and see what happens.

#48 lostbaka

lostbaka

Gibson Hacker

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 25 May 2004 - 04:57 AM

I don't know a damn thing but I'm Stamford, so I'll try to make it up.

L. Baka

#49 Curious George

Curious George

Gibson Hacker

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 25 May 2004 - 06:19 AM

It doesn't matter how much you know. Everyone will bring something different to the meeting. I hope you are able to make it. I would like to see this meeting be a success.

#50 Blue

Blue

H4x0r

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 25 May 2004 - 04:24 PM

When/ Where is the meeting?

#51 Curious George

Curious George

Gibson Hacker

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 25 May 2004 - 04:39 PM

First Friday of every month at Barnes & Noble in Westport, CT @6:00. We will be in the cafe. The address and phone number are:

1076 Post Road East
Westport, CT 06880
203-221-7955

Let me know if you think you can make it.

#52 Curious George

Curious George

Gibson Hacker

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 03 June 2004 - 06:22 AM

Hope everyone is able to make it. As you might have read in earlier post's there were only 2 of us at the last meeting (and we came together). If nobody is able to show this time, I don't think I will go anymore. So I hope a few more people can make it. See everyone there. Later.

#53 pixelFiend

pixelFiend

Hakker addict

• Members
  • 659 posts

Posted 03 June 2004 - 10:10 AM

That's a shame. I hope somebody makes it. I'd come myself, but I'm about 6 1/2 hours south. :) I've hosted meetings at my home (more like a LUG than 2600) and have had to put everything on hold because many of the guys that came by were in the local college and they're off. Early on there were no takers, but eventually I got some interest. Stick with it and keep getting the word out. Good luck!

PF

#54 Blue

Blue

H4x0r

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 03 June 2004 - 02:01 PM

I really hope I'm able to go, but I am several hours away and don't currently have a car.

#55 Curious George

Curious George

Gibson Hacker

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 04 June 2004 - 09:14 PM

Well we had a better meeting this month. We had 2 more people show up then last time. So by the very very end (last second, actually the meeting was over) we had 4 people there. For most of the meeting there were 3 of this. Mostly just a feeling out meeting, we all got to know each other & everyone started to open up a little more by the end of the meeting. I hope we can keep adding people each month. Well I hope to see everyone next month or at HOPE. Later.

#56 Curious George

Curious George

Gibson Hacker

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 02 July 2004 - 10:17 PM

So I still don't want to see this thread die. Just in case new members of the forums live in CT. We didn't have a meeting this month because most of us are going to HOPE and just plan on seeing each other there. I will be going again next month so I hope (no pun intended) to see everyone then. I have contacted 2600 and asked them to add us to there list. I have also started puting flyers in the 2600 mags at all the book stores. Every time I go into Barnes and Noble the stack of 2600 mags is smaller so someone must be buying them. Well I will see everyone at HOPE and if not, then at the next meeting.

PS I would rather go back to a 6:00 meeting. I just think that's a better time for everyone.

#57 deiol

deiol

The phorce is with me!

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 12 July 2004 - 03:03 PM

edit: removed useless info

Edited by deiol, 30 December 2008 - 03:46 AM.

#58 Curious George

Curious George

Gibson Hacker

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 12 July 2004 - 03:10 PM

There is a meeting in Boston. Check out the list of meetings here and then scan down to Massachusetts. They have one listed in Boston:

Prudential Center Plaza, terrace food court at the tables near the windows.

They also have a web page here.

Edited by Curious George, 12 July 2004 - 03:12 PM.

#59 Curious George

Curious George

Gibson Hacker

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 10 August 2004 - 10:10 PM

Ok all of you CT hackers. I am sorry that the last 2 meetings didn't happen. In July I went to HOPE & this month I was buying a new home. I WILL BE THERE NEXT MONTH. I had talked to a few other hackers from CT who wanted to move the meeting back to Merridan. The problem that I had was they wanted to change it to a Blacklisted 411 meeting. That mag isn't very good & I still feel that the 2600 name will draw more people in. For those of you who still need the info. We meet at 6:00 on the first Friday of every month. We are holding our meetings at:

1076 Post Road East
Westport, CT 06880
203-221-7955

If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask.

#60 kern_alert

kern_alert

mad 1337

• Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 12 August 2004 - 05:21 PM

Hey, I live in wasington CT. Getting a ride before October 5th might not be doable, but I will be able to go to the meetings after that. So I will only miss one meeting.

What is the meeting spot?

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!