#21 screamer

screamer

SUPR3M3 31337 Mack Daddy P1MP

• Members
  • 347 posts

Posted 07 April 2004 - 12:11 PM

Nah, not at all...

*mumbles* ya old fuck...

lol kidding, Westport sounds good. But what exactly is this place we're meeting at?

#22 Curious George

Curious George

Gibson Hacker

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 07 April 2004 - 01:29 PM

You've never heard of Barnes & Noble? It's one of those bookstores that has a coffee shop in it. {edit} I meant cafe. They aren't as good as Borders because they don't sell overpriced DVD's, but it's still a cool place to sit & read a mag or a book you don't wanna buy.

This fuck may be old, but at 6'4" 280 lbs I don't have a problem getting my point across. :nono:

#23 ntheory

ntheory

data pillager

• Agents of the Revolution
  • 1,757 posts

Posted 07 April 2004 - 02:05 PM

As for a lack of interest, hell yes that was the case. No offense, but I'm 22...sitting in the Meriden mall with people that are 30 or 40+ just isn't what I'm looking for. No offense to those people, I'm just saying it'd be more fun to hang with peers.

Agreed. I'll see what I can do to make it to this meeting you guys are setting up. I think there'd be a lot more activity if the people were in the same age group.

#24 lameduck

lameduck

SCRiPT KiDDie

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 07 April 2004 - 03:17 PM

I'm way too lazy to start my own meetings... so I'll try to make it to a few of yours. keep us posted.

#25 protrex

protrex

Will I break 10 posts?

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 07 April 2004 - 07:40 PM

If it goes well and you have another one in July/August I will be there. I will be getting my licence Mid-June... so.. sorry I won't be there, but have a good time.

-Protrex

#26 Curious George

Curious George

Gibson Hacker

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 07 April 2004 - 08:58 PM

Well I guess it's official then. We wll be holding our first 2600 meeting at the Barnes & Noble in Westport, CT on May 7th at 6:00 PM. If you need directions....use map quest. :D

Here's the address & phone number again:

1076 Post Road East
Westport, CT 06880
203-221-7955

I think we should keep this first meeting more of a getting to know each other kinda thing. If anyone has a topic they would like to discuss or something they would like to share please feel free. I just think we should keep it to a minimum this first time, just till B & N gets used to us being there.

I'm gonna do a little wardriving down that way this weekend & I will let everyone know if a wireless nic card will be useful to bring with you.

Looking forward to seeing everyone there.

CG / c m0nk33

#27 Curious George

Curious George

Gibson Hacker

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 17 April 2004 - 05:11 PM

So I went down by the B&N in Westport & they have 3 different wireless signals coming from the store but they are all WEP encrypted. I also checked the Boarders about 10 minutes down the road & they have an active open signal, but you need an account & password. The accounts vary from $6.00 per hour to 29.99 per month.

Just wanted to let everyone know what kinda wireless access we might have during the meeting. Looks like none.

c0d3m0nk33

#28 planktonitus

planktonitus

Mack Daddy 31337

• Members
  • 238 posts

Posted 17 April 2004 - 05:37 PM

have every one pitch in about 2 bucks at the meeting and bring a wireless router or something.

#29 Curious George

Curious George

Gibson Hacker

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 17 April 2004 - 05:42 PM

I thought about that. I'm sure that people would chip in, but I doubt Boarders would be happy with that. I could always hide the router in my bag, but I still have to get power to it somehow.

#30 planktonitus

planktonitus

Mack Daddy 31337

• Members
  • 238 posts

Posted 17 April 2004 - 06:03 PM

I thought about that. I'm sure that people would chip in, but I doubt Boarders would be happy with that. I could always hide the router in my bag, but I still have to get power to it somehow.

you could have your laptop function as a router.

#31 Curious George

Curious George

Gibson Hacker

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 17 April 2004 - 06:13 PM

I didn't even think of that. I guess we could just try while we are there. See what we can get set up. Thanks for the idea.

#32 Curious George

Curious George

Gibson Hacker

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 29 April 2004 - 01:38 PM

I thought I would run this idea by everyone that thinks they might make the meeting.

We talked about having the meeting at B&N, but about 5 minutes down the highway (coming from NY) and before the B&N exit heading south on 95. There are 2 Mcdonalds that are McWireless. I didn't realize that these 2 places had the wireless access.

Would anyone want to move there? or would you rather wait and discuss it at the 1st meeting?

#33 Curious George

Curious George

Gibson Hacker

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 05 May 2004 - 12:52 PM

The first meeting is 2 days away, I hope someone other than myself & a friend that I am bringing show up. I will have a few things to give away. Haven't decided how I'm gonna do it yet.

Anyway, I hope to see all the CT hackers there.

#34 ntheory

ntheory

data pillager

• Agents of the Revolution
  • 1,757 posts

Posted 05 May 2004 - 08:23 PM

What's the final decision on where this will be?

My schedule is open on Friday afternoon (so far, of course) so I'll probably be there.

#35 Curious George

Curious George

Gibson Hacker

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 06 May 2004 - 06:23 AM

Still gonna be at the Barnes & Noble on Post Rd in Westport. I will be there around 6ish.

Hope everyone can make it.

#36 Pope

Pope

H4x0r

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 06 May 2004 - 08:31 PM

Hello, New to the boards. I have never been to a meeting. I live in Norwalk. I am 15. I am still a "newbie" compared to the rest of you 1337 haxors :P. I know some programing (Visual basic) and hardware. I think Westport is about 10 or so minutes away. I will try and make it. I have to convince my dad. He is rather cool about computer stuff and gaming. I don't have a laptop yet. I plan to buy a cheap $200-$300 one if I get a job so I can do some wardriving :).

My aim is Tu1313y. My name is Lee or you can call me LJ.

#37 Curious George

Curious George

Gibson Hacker

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 07 May 2004 - 05:58 AM

Join the club, this will be my first meeting as well. That is the reason that I wanted to try and start another meeting. I hope you are able to show up, it would be great to see some of the younger generation there.

No need for a laptop, they aren't required for the meetings. The only requirement will be a young virgin sacrifice to Decoder......just kidding :D

No need for real names, we will call you whatever name you would like.

Hope you can make it

See everyone else tonight.

#38 Curious George

Curious George

Gibson Hacker

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 07 May 2004 - 08:00 PM

Well absolutely nobody showed up. It was me and my friend that I went with. I am dissapointed that nobody came. I would like to try again next month, but I don't wanna waste my time.

#39 Cr45 Du57

Cr45 Du57

Hakker addict

• Members
  • 619 posts

Posted 07 May 2004 - 08:16 PM

That sucks...well here in tampa we had a great turnout.... ;)

#40 DRiVE

DRiVE

SCRiPT KiDDie

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 07 May 2004 - 08:21 PM

I was on my way to the Tampa meeting when my girlfriend calls me and tells me she has a flat. I had to turn around and head all the way back to Lakeland before I even made it to the University Mall.

How was the turnout?

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!