• Please log in to reply
96 replies to this topic

#1 Curious George

Curious George

Gibson Hacker

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 01 April 2004 - 11:31 PM

I am trying to find some folks here in CT that might want to start a new 2600 meeting. Before I had a chance to start going to the meetings here they were canceled. I live in the southern part of the state & would really like to start a new meeting group down this way. If anyone from CT is interested, please contact me. Thanx a lot, CG

#2 decoder

decoder

Very Friendly

• Agents of the Revolution
  • 1,609 posts

Posted 01 April 2004 - 11:42 PM

Southern part where? Like Greenwich?

#3 Curious George

Curious George

Gibson Hacker

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 01 April 2004 - 11:44 PM

About 45 minutes north. You're not from CT are you decoder? You're in NY right?

#4 Dox

Dox

Hakker addict

• Members
  • 537 posts

Posted 02 April 2004 - 12:36 AM

hey man i'm from canada and im into hearing about your new meeting

no fooling, good to see more meetings popping up

#5 Curious George

Curious George

Gibson Hacker

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 02 April 2004 - 12:42 AM

I just hope I am able to get more people interested. I figure if I can get a couple more people that want to have a meeting, then I can print up flyers about the meetings and put them in the 2600 mags at the stores. I just gotta make sure that this thread stays near the top so potential CT hackers see it. Thanx for the interest, I wish you lived closer. CG

#6 ntheory

ntheory

data pillager

• 1,757 posts

Posted 02 April 2004 - 07:54 AM

I live in NY and I'd probably go to another CT 2600 meeting. I went to an old one sponsored by the IIRG (in Meriden I think) but it was just too far to drive, especially during rush hour.

Personally I think something in Westchester or Greenwich would be great. Another 45 minutes past there is pretty much out of the question for me. My problem is that the only meetings I can really go to (NYC and Meriden CT) are total cluster fucks to get to around 5PM. Does anyone have the slightest clue why 2600 meetings are scheduled at the very start of rush hour on the heaviest traffic day of the work week?

Anyway, bring it a little closer to NYC and I'd probably be in.

#7 Curious George

Curious George

Gibson Hacker

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 02 April 2004 - 09:10 AM

What about having the meeting at the Barnes & Noble in Westport. They have a cafe in there that we could sit in. You woud still be going with the traffic leaving NY but you could always get on Rt. 1 and follow it right to the store.

Do you know any other people in your area that would be interested in attending?

CG

#8 protrex

protrex

Will I break 10 posts?

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 02 April 2004 - 11:27 PM

I'm outside of Hartford, which means I probably cannot come... unless I get my licence soon. I'm 16 and i'm a lamer w/o a licence.

-Jamie

#9 ntheory

ntheory

data pillager

• 1,757 posts

Posted 02 April 2004 - 11:38 PM

Hmm... I've never been to Westport. I'll have to see how far away it is.

#10 Curious George

Curious George

Gibson Hacker

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 02 April 2004 - 11:45 PM

Hey Protrex, you could always catch a train up there & I could pick you up at the Westport train station. Just an idea if you really wanna attend.

#11 Curious George

Curious George

Gibson Hacker

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 02 April 2004 - 11:47 PM

!theory, I think it would be exit 20 off of 95.

#12 decoder

decoder

Very Friendly

• 1,609 posts

Posted 03 April 2004 - 12:16 AM

I dont know how bad a drive Westport would be, but if ntheory goes, I guess Ill just ride in his trunk.

Truthfully, the reason I dont attend 2600 meetings is that i really dont feel like going to the fucking citicorp building on Friday night. its too much of a hassle.

#13 Curious George

Curious George

Gibson Hacker

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 03 April 2004 - 12:21 AM

Well from what I heard tonight on Default Radio, I don't think you are too far from Westport. I don't want you to get 0wn3d any more then you did to yourself.

#14 screamer

screamer

SUPR3M3 31337 Mack Daddy P1MP

• Members
  • 347 posts

Posted 04 April 2004 - 10:33 AM

Westport could work for me, right on the way home from work. If I get out at 5:30, I can probably stop by just in time if that god awful rush hour traffic allows. Heading south that time of day is fine, but going north is usually a nightmare...still, it's not far, so I should make it (i'm just down the road in South Norwalk).

#15 Curious George

Curious George

Gibson Hacker

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 05 April 2004 - 09:28 AM

Well everyone seems to be interested in having the meeting in Westport, so I say we do it. We will all meet on May 7th at (hows 6:00 sound?). The address & phone number is:

1076 Post Road East
Westport, CT 06880
203-221-7955

#16 Curious George

Curious George

Gibson Hacker

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 05 April 2004 - 11:21 AM

Oh and by the way, because this is about CT I thought I would say.

GOOOOOO HUSKIES!!!!!!

Edited by Curious George, 05 April 2004 - 11:22 AM.

#17 lameduck

lameduck

SCRiPT KiDDie

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 05 April 2004 - 02:33 PM

I'm in Northeastern CT. I'd go if the meetings were in Manchester, Norwich, or New London. I think our best bet is the Crystal Mall... probably equal driving distance for both of us. I know at the least 4 people in my area that would go... plus I'm right next to Eastern and Uconn, both of which have pretty decent CSC curriculums... I'm sure they'd be good for a few members. I could post some flyers at both of the campuses. I may be wrong but I think the boys over at http://www.ct2600.com/ are located in the Norwich/New London area as well.

#18 Curious George

Curious George

Gibson Hacker

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 05 April 2004 - 10:50 PM

If there was already an established meeting in that area I would go, but if I'm gonna work to start a new one I would rather have it a little closer to where I live & also have it further south so we could include some of the people down this way. I talked to a couple folks from the Meridan meetings & they said that group failed because there wasn't enough interest. I would like to at least start the meetings down this way & if the attendies would like to shit it further north then I would be willing to do that as well.

I honestly believe that due to the size of the state and the fact I am also trying to include people on the CT border in NY it might be best to have 2 different groups. Again, I will see how these meetings go down here & will keep everyone informed as to the status of a move.

Thanx for the interest in starting a meeting group with me & for the ideas on meeting places.

CG/c m0nk33

Edited by Curious George, 05 April 2004 - 10:51 PM.

#19 screamer

screamer

SUPR3M3 31337 Mack Daddy P1MP

• Members
  • 347 posts

Posted 06 April 2004 - 09:49 AM

2600 likes to not have too many meetings going at once, but fuck em lol I say make 2 in connecticut if there's interest. If people aren't happy driving to one they can try the other.

As for a lack of interest, hell yes that was the case. No offense, but I'm 22...sitting in the Meriden mall with people that are 30 or 40+ just isn't what I'm looking for. No offense to those people, I'm just saying it'd be more fun to hang with peers.

#20 Curious George

Curious George

Gibson Hacker

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 06 April 2004 - 12:23 PM

Well screamer I guess if 2600 is upset that there are 2 different meetings then they could provide gas money or transportation. :D

Anyway, I still think that Westport would be our best option as a meeting place. The meetings in Meridan just didn't work before & I doubt they could work again. But there is a definite interest in attending a meeting in Westport.

CG / c m0nk33

p.s. I'm a 29 year old, hope you don't mind hangin with me.

Edited by Curious George, 06 April 2004 - 12:23 PM.

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!