• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 StankDawg

StankDawg

same old Dawg, no new tricks

• Moderating Team
  • 8,073 posts

Posted 22 January 2003 - 09:46 PM

This months issue of WIRED magazine has an article about hardware hackers, specifically those that hack the Xbox, Playstation, Tivo, etc...

The reason this is important is for this line towarsd the end of teh article...

The fondness hackers show for pliant companies is a good indicator that they're not quite the anarchic monsters they've been portrayed as.

THIS IS WHAT IT IS ALL ABOUT! Shout out to: Brendan I Koerner for an article showing that he "gets it".

Do you think that maybe we should start making a list of writers who show good, valid points about hackers and support them for supporting us? Would anyone else be interested in this?

#2 bland_inquisitor

bland_inquisitor

mod -o- the day

• Agents of the Revolution
  • 729 posts

Posted 22 January 2003 - 10:38 PM

Hell yeah, we should give massive props to the writers who "get it." I think it is as important as writing a congressman because we are all on the trial of the media everyday and are for the most part poorly represented. Sending people who portray us as decent people in the mass media words of encouragement could go a long way toward creating an accurate picture of what we are all about. Maybe then we could effect some sort of change in people who would write us off as criminals. I'm not looking for international "hug a h4x0r" day, but it would be good for the masses to recognize that the stands we take on subjects like the DMCA are trying to protect the rights of everyone, average joe included; and would make the jobs of the oppressors harder if they had to face an entire populus of informed individuals as opposed to the giant herd they now control. And if there are writers in the media that are trying to help us, we should make every effort to show our appreciation.

#3 StankDawg

StankDawg

same old Dawg, no new tricks

• Moderating Team
  • 8,073 posts

Posted 26 January 2003 - 03:33 PM

totally by concidence, I foun dthe article posted in this thread http://www.stankdawg...dbb9756500770db

earlier today while reading a back issue of WIRED. I thought, I like this guy also, who wrote this? Sure enough, it is the same Brendan I Koerner! We need more writers like him!

#4 Zapperlink

Zapperlink

"I Hack, therefore, I am"

• Agents of the Revolution
  • 951 posts

Posted 27 January 2003 - 11:15 AM

Hell yeah we should support writers who support us.

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!