• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 screamer

screamer

SUPR3M3 31337 Mack Daddy P1MP

• Members
  • 347 posts

Posted 16 January 2003 - 03:17 PM

I know cable modems are prone to slowdown during heavy usage, but this is just ri-god damn-diculous. I often find myself leaving the room while I wait for a page to load! Has anyone else with Optimum experienced this? I can't shake the feeling they're punishing me for sharing those evil, evil files on Kazaa.

And to reply to a similar topic, "woes of cable" by da mut3, I too know the frustrations of cable modems and routers...er, I guess we should really call them switches. Like I've said probably a hundred times now, one port scan is all it takes to disconnect all my machines from my belkin (or as I call it, "the bitch"). Maybe it's just a hub and no one told me.

/me pictures all the data colliding in there like a destruction derby
/me likes when cars go boom

#2 feend

feend

microphone commander

• Members
  • 497 posts

Posted 16 January 2003 - 03:27 PM

Yikes. I use @cox and I never have a slowdown of that magnitude. Every month cox will decide it's time for me to have a network outtage though. Did your isp send you a notice about filesharing on kazaa?

#3 screamer

screamer

SUPR3M3 31337 Mack Daddy P1MP

• Members
  • 347 posts

Posted 16 January 2003 - 04:03 PM

Sure did, but the weird thing is, resetting the modem usually fixes the problem...at least for a while. I can be watching a webpage take nearly 3 minutes to load, reset the modem, and watch it appear before my eyes in no time.

#4 hacnslash

hacnslash

Banisher of n00bs

• Agents of the Revolution
  • 2,454 posts

Posted 16 January 2003 - 07:20 PM

happens to me too, the worst I've had, and i have cable (comcast) by the way, is that I've had to wait 1 day and the whole night to download a hundred and somethin megs demo, sooo fuckin slow, it was goin somewhere around 1.7 KB per sec, I thought I would shoot the goddamn thing :grr: :grr: :grr: :grr: :grr:

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!