• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 StankDawg

StankDawg

same old Dawg, no new tricks

• Moderating Team
  • 8,073 posts

Posted 12 January 2003 - 03:26 AM

Anyone ever seen/tried this? I saw it at a computer show recently, and it looked pretty kool, but I am not sure if it is worth 100 bucks.

http://www.x3dworld.com/

:spam:

#2 Zapperlink

Zapperlink

"I Hack, therefore, I am"

• Agents of the Revolution
  • 951 posts

Posted 12 January 2003 - 04:11 AM

wow so your saying the glasses I have from my old job still have use?

#3 hacnslash

hacnslash

Banisher of n00bs

• 2,454 posts

Posted 12 January 2003 - 10:14 AM

I tried a pair of 3d glasses once at a puter show ( i think back in 99 or 2000) i was amazed at how good these things made anything look but I dont know if they're worth 100 bucks. Maybe u wanna check this out...
http://www.edimensio...3d_glasses.html

#4 StankDawg

StankDawg

same old Dawg, no new tricks

• Moderating Team
  • 8,073 posts

Posted 12 January 2003 - 02:54 PM

yeah, I think that was the exact brand I saw at the show... the first link I got from a short late night informercial.

I just think it would be a hassle if everything works in 3-D. If I want to just wortk normally, do I have to disable the 3-D shit? Is there a simple switch? Any resolution barriers?

I guess I will RTFF (Read the fukking FAQ)... :rules:

#5 Angel

Angel

mad 1337

• Members
  • 137 posts

Posted 12 January 2003 - 07:15 PM

wow so your saying the glasses I have from my old job still have use?

ROFL, what former job required you to wear 3-D glasses all the time? Sound pretty kewl ...

Didn't someone write an FAQ about doing that to your box in 2600 a couple issues ago? O_o? I forget the actual number, but it doesn't seem like it was too far back ...

-@®©1-1@/\/GE1_

#6 hacnslash

hacnslash

Banisher of n00bs

• 2,454 posts

Posted 12 January 2003 - 09:50 PM

Stankdawg: yeah, I thought I saw something on the site that said u can turn it off with a switch.

#7 holy_handgrenade

holy_handgrenade

HACK THE PLANET!

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 13 January 2003 - 08:42 AM

Stank,

I got a pair of those glases with an Elsa video card, i think it was the Winner II 3D card to be precise. [edit] I think I should mention that they were free with that video card [/edit]

They did kick much anus. My only problem is I wear glasses and they didn't fit over the glasses to well. Not sure how that brand works, but the glasses I had only kicked in when Direct3d kicked in, i.e. a game. But there were hot keys to turn them on or off.

$100 seems about average for those things, so I guess it's up to you if you think you'll get the use out of them, or you just have $100 to throw down on a nifty novelty.

Do your research first though, i remember on my pair they didn't work quite right because of sync problems with the monitor. They prefer 100hz refresh for best quality, but require a minimum of 85hz, lower than that you'll get a "flicker" in the lenses while the 3d image slows or speeds up to sync with the refresh rates.

#8 Zapperlink

Zapperlink

"I Hack, therefore, I am"

• 951 posts

Posted 13 January 2003 - 11:36 AM

I use to work in a museum doing many things but one of my jobs was to run the 3d shows which I did frequently. Ill try to find it and find a way to get a picture of it. It uses serial interface but ive never had a use for it.

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!