• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 W1nt3rmut3

W1nt3rmut3

Phreak Scout

• Agents of the Revolution
  • 321 posts

Posted 11 January 2003 - 01:57 PM

i have been havin issues with the broadband over in my hood. basically, every few hrs, it would just stop workin. so i call up comcast, and they say to plug the modem rignt in2 a computer. it works, so ok. but it still leaves the mytersy of my the linksys just cuts out sometimes. so for the streams im doin, im puttin on zonealarm, and streamin straight to the net, not through the router. i dont want the ladies to miss my show. :lol: B)

#2 hacnslash

hacnslash

Banisher of n00bs

• 2,454 posts

Posted 11 January 2003 - 08:06 PM

I got cable, and sometimes, it just stops working, just cuts the connection. I talked to my isp and I was told that whenever it happens I should just reset the modem (resetting being: unplugging the modem and then plugging it back in) and it works, but its weird that it happens...

#3 M_from_S

M_from_S

elite

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 11 January 2003 - 08:30 PM

I just (less than a month) started with Comcast cable modem after having DSL for three years. No problems yet but are you both on Comcast/ATT. Is this what i should expect?

What type of modem are you using?

#4 Bi0s

Bi0s

Gibson Hacker

• 95 posts

Posted 11 January 2003 - 09:44 PM

I'm using Comcast. Scientific atlanta modem. (i think they stopped giving these out) i had issues at first. however it was all on their end. Mine has been running great for several months.

#5 hacnslash

hacnslash

Banisher of n00bs

• 2,454 posts

Posted 11 January 2003 - 10:09 PM

I am a comcast subscriber, and my modem is a motorola sb4200, it works well, i just have to reset it like once every two weeks

#6 W1nt3rmut3

W1nt3rmut3

Phreak Scout

• 321 posts

Posted 12 January 2003 - 12:56 AM

ya, my modems that surfboard thing. its usually like as hacnslash says, every few weeks. im just gonna live with it.

lol, i started out with @home, then to attbi, then to comcast. i am the whore of the cable industry. :ranaway: :ranaway:

#7 hacnslash

hacnslash

Banisher of n00bs

• 2,454 posts

Posted 12 January 2003 - 09:55 AM

dude that's funny as hell!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:!!

#8 kleptic

kleptic

SUP3R 31337 P1MP

• Members
  • 283 posts

Posted 13 January 2003 - 12:38 AM

yeah, my linksys does the same thing every now and then. Doesn't do it very often though. Not lately anyway.

It only takes a few seconds to fix.. so it's not to much of a hassle for how often it occurs.

#9 GUEST_davetgra_***

GUEST_davetgra_***
  • Guests

Posted 13 January 2003 - 02:01 PM

I hate to sound like a granny, but "update your firmware". I'm guessing you have the BEFSR41 (which I have and had the same problems with the cable provider I used to use (@home)) and the same thing used to happen to me all the time. I'm using another provider now (change of location), but my friend is using a linksys router with the new firmware and he hasn't had a lockup since he updated it.

#10 latency

latency

Mack Daddy 31337

• Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 13 January 2003 - 06:21 PM

ugh - I had a FUN time with the optiumum online people trying to help me solve that problem - http://compulsive.or...hp?m=200301#368

it was a firmware issue after all - ugh. but now i'm back at school - double ugh.

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!