• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 hacnslash

hacnslash

Banisher of n00bs

• Agents of the Revolution
  • 2,454 posts

Posted 09 January 2003 - 03:51 PM

I am sure that at least some of the ppl on these forums have thought about this. I was reading this George Carlin book called Napalm & Silly Putty, it's a pretty messed up book, but funny as hell. And I ran across this page in which it said by taking so much care of children, they become messed up and not ready for the world...and that by raising children like we raise them today, we are messing up evolution, this is a quote: "the kid who swallows to many marbles doesn't grow up to have kids of his own". And the fact is I totally agree with this, if we take care of ppl with disabilities and "genetic problems", then aren't we fuckin it up for everyone, I mean aren't we stopping evolution?? And I dont want ppl to think that I hate ppl with disabilities, cuz I dont! I was just wondering about what impact this would have on the evolution of the human race...

#2 StankDawg

StankDawg

same old Dawg, no new tricks

• Moderating Team
  • 8,073 posts

Posted 09 January 2003 - 08:00 PM

boy, there are a lot of things to say about that. I will keep it brief...

I think George Carlin is a brilliant comedian. I think he needs to STFU when it comes to political statements. I would argue that it is the little differences that make people great and that by whitewashing the genepool, we create an army of clones. Each one similar to the next.

That would suck!

#3 GUEST_Guest_***

GUEST_Guest_***
  • Guests

Posted 09 January 2003 - 08:29 PM

Not sure what to say about the kids angle. Seeing as how my parents were hardly that, and I never learned what parents should do. I raised myself with the help of my electronic gadgets.

However, I'm a full supporter of Natural Selection. I believe keeping people alive that should have died by natural causes is wrong (not "wrong" a religious thing, I am not a supporter of any religion, "wrong" perhaps isn't the right word. Maybe, "the wrong choice"). We're weakening the human race, and slowly but surely it will probably kill us. If NS had been carried on since medicine came around we'd be much better off as a whole right now. Take a look at our super-bactieria/virii.

#4 hacnslash

hacnslash

Banisher of n00bs

• 2,454 posts

Posted 10 January 2003 - 03:18 PM

see, the guest got what I was talking about, thats exactly what i am worried about!

#5 GodH8sMe

GodH8sMe

DDP Fan club member

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 10 January 2003 - 11:30 PM

One of these days I'll remember to sign in before posting... guest post above was mine.

have you ever tried to bring this topic up with other people? Seems nobody I know feels the same...

#6 hacnslash

hacnslash

Banisher of n00bs

• 2,454 posts

Posted 11 January 2003 - 08:03 PM

yeah, actually I have, I talked to my science teacher, she shot me down like an f16 shoots down an iraqi fighter in a nofly zone, she said that of course evolution is not stopped, but because it takes so long we cant see the difference in our lifetimes, I doubt that she understood what I was talking about, or better yet that she just didnt want to talk about that. Well, at least I found someone here who knows what im talkin about. Thanx Godh8sme :voteyes:

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!