• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 hacnslash

hacnslash

Banisher of n00bs

• Agents of the Revolution
  • 2,454 posts

Posted 06 January 2003 - 04:06 PM

I hate it when script kiddies try to hack me, and they went at it for 11 times yesterday (sunday). They didn't get far, they tried to scan my ports, but what kind of h4x0rz are these ppl, if a lousy free firewall blocks them(zonealarm). Even worse, they're ip addresses are from my town (3 different addresses). I wonder if it's one guy using different computers. Well, anyway it ain't the first time it's happened, but 11 times, these guyz dont know when to quit. I h8 script kiddies :grr:

#2 StankDawg

StankDawg

same old Dawg, no new tricks

• Moderating Team
  • 8,073 posts

Posted 06 January 2003 - 05:26 PM

I love them! I like watching them try win32 exploits on my apache server! I like to find them while they are still connect and flip the script on them! See what they have open while they are looking at me!

#3 hacnslash

hacnslash

Banisher of n00bs

• 2,454 posts

Posted 06 January 2003 - 06:41 PM

well, you could say that it's training and that every hacker goes through sort of a script kiddie "stage", but, even though persistency is a quality at least in hacking, they shouldn't overdo it, I mean they tried scanning, just scanning my ports, and they couldn't because of my firewall, but after 3-4 tries that should be enough, what made them think that trying again would work, it wasn't like I was gonna switch the firewall off, it was just plain stupidity, or maybe they used a bot, well anyway, it was refreshing to see some good old scripter persistence... :lol:

#4 StankDawg

StankDawg

same old Dawg, no new tricks

• Moderating Team
  • 8,073 posts

Posted 07 January 2003 - 10:04 AM

yep, nothing wrong with that! :)

#5 hacnslash

hacnslash

Banisher of n00bs

• 2,454 posts

Posted 11 January 2003 - 08:19 PM

nothin wrong with it, but its damn annoying, every day its the same dude, im gonna find out who it is, if its the last thing i do, and it probably wont...

#6 zerodata

zerodata

Gibson Hacker

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 12 January 2003 - 02:55 PM

It is of course entirely possible that the attempted connections are from your isp and they are monitoring the connection and their systems this is something I have found with zone alarm and Black Ice defender in the past that my isp was trying to communicate with my pc on ports I had closed.

It may be this is a similair thig however when I questioned my ISP they would not divulge what these attempted connections were for but needless to say I changed ISP.

#7 hacnslash

hacnslash

Banisher of n00bs

• 2,454 posts

Posted 13 January 2003 - 04:28 PM

you know this might be it, although i dont really care if its my isp or scripterz, Im not gonna talk to my isp anyway, cuz they probably already h8 me for cloggin up their bandwidth with daily linux iso downloadz. it probably was the isp, since no one is really that persistent, except a bot, but I would have seen more regular attempts if it was a bot. oh well...

#8 screamer

screamer

SUPR3M3 31337 Mack Daddy P1MP

• Members
  • 347 posts

Posted 14 January 2003 - 02:14 PM

Who says they were trying to "hack" you though? I scan my cable lan all the time, just to get an idea of how it looks and see who's on. I know those zonealarm firewalls talk a lot, warning you of every single packet that comes down the wire, but usually it's nothing personal. If you're on the net, something's going to hit you, and with zonealarm you'll hear about eeeverything. Unless the guy is running some other form of attack I wouldn't worry about it too much.

#9 hacnslash

hacnslash

Banisher of n00bs

• 2,454 posts

Posted 14 January 2003 - 03:20 PM

actually right now im runnin 2 firewalls, zonealarm and norton internet security, and zonealarm didnt even pick them up, and it was set on the highest security settings all the time. Now im starting to believe that nobody was trying to hack me, that it probably was just my isp trying to get some info on my box or something, I dont know, I just dont think it I was being hacked because it happened too many times, nobody would do the same thing over and over, they would go back to the drawing board and think of something new...

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!