• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 holy_handgrenade

holy_handgrenade

HACK THE PLANET!

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 03 January 2003 - 11:50 AM

Just a reminder for you folks out there that vegged out for the holiday break. 2600 meeting tonight!

Not sure if I'll make it, but i'm busting my ass to try tonight!

#2 BoBB

BoBB

SUP3R 31337

• Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 03 January 2003 - 02:10 PM

Does anyone know where and when the az2600 meeting is for sure? Ive seen some sketchy information. www.az2600.com has the next meeting listed as aug 2nd Id like to go. Not sure if i can depends on when it is and when it ends.

#3 Angel

Angel

mad 1337

• Members
  • 137 posts

Posted 03 January 2003 - 07:36 PM

J34H, I may not be able to make it tonight. Slipped my mind completely. ^_^;;

As for where - We've been meeting in the food-court type area outside of Gameworks most recently ... Though usually someone walks around inside and by the payphones. Just look for people wearing computer-geek type clothing and ... ask if they're with 2600. Worst that'll happen is you'll confuse some random stranger, right? ^_^

-@®©1-1@/\/GE1_

#4 Zapperlink

Zapperlink

"I Hack, therefore, I am"

• Agents of the Revolution
  • 951 posts

Posted 04 January 2003 - 03:52 AM

The AZ 2600 meeting was a great turnout. Many faces some old some new. Many programing books clutter the table and even the dreaded C# book was present. Phreaks discuss pbx's and intresting manuals were passed around. Kondor wont let go of the 'promote debian' campain. Dual and Zapperlink Social Engineer Gameworks for information along with social engineering tactics were discussed. Rax let the cat out of the bag. Also discussion about slipnet.org. Much more went on but I need to get sleep before I recap it all.

BTW got the sig working again... :)

#5 StankDawg

StankDawg

same old Dawg, no new tricks

• Moderating Team
  • 8,073 posts

Posted 04 January 2003 - 06:38 PM

rax let WHAT cat out of WHAT bag? :blink:

#6 BoBB

BoBB

SUP3R 31337

• Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 04 January 2003 - 06:53 PM

What was the name of that radio show that rax talked about? I thoguht he said it was on 1310 AM but i cant get that here in glendale. Anyone remember the url for the station?

#7 feend

feend

microphone commander

• Members
  • 497 posts

Posted 04 January 2003 - 10:02 PM

Hey all had a great time at the meeting.

BoBB:
KXAM

appears there is a live stream too :).

#8 BoBB

BoBB

SUP3R 31337

• Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 04 January 2003 - 11:58 PM

Ya, but it looks like you need windows media player =/

#9 dual

dual

BinRev veteran

• 1,196 posts

Posted 05 January 2003 - 12:52 AM

The meeting rocked. I'm listening to the first ITN right now. ...and I didn't really SE - I could've just asked and got the same info.

#10 StankDawg

StankDawg

• Moderating Team
  • 8,073 posts

Posted 05 January 2003 - 02:16 AM

for those of us who are not in AZ, and are totally lost...

WTF R U guys talking about?

#11 feend

feend

microphone commander

• Members
  • 497 posts

Posted 05 January 2003 - 05:10 PM

StankDawg:
Rax called everyone together at the meeting and mentioned that KXAM, an AM station here in AZ, will (correct me if i'm wrong) be broadcasting Radio Freek America.

#12 rax

rax

Hacker Nation Radio Host

• 48 posts

Posted 05 January 2003 - 05:13 PM

Ok, here's the deal.

I've been working on developing a show for "real" radio for several month now. (This is the "project" I referred to when I left Radio FreeK America.) It deals with issue of the use and potential abuse of technology.

I originally called the show "Hacker Nation," but am changing it so that Hacker Nation is a place (more on that later), or a state of mind.

So, we're now calling it the Ray Moore Show cause, that's my name (for those who didn't know).

It's currently broadcasting in Phoenix @ 5:00 PM on KXAM 1310 AM. The show usually streams live -- but there's been some hang-ups at the station end of it for the past couple of weeks -- at kxam.com.

Yes, unfortunately, it streams out via Microsoft technology, although I recall something about someone developing a .wma plugin for XMMS.

The show isn't listed in the broadcast schedule, because we're still in stealth/beta mode.

The show will start to be syndicated soon (hopefully we start this month), and will start to reach a larger audience.

This is a live talk radio show. It's not a questions-and-answers type of show -- the type that people usually do for a computer show.

It is a for-profit endeavor, which means that there are commercials. It will take a couple of years of it being successful before I'll make any money from it, however.

As far as we can tell, this show is unique for broadcast radio. Everyone else says "get a computer, it's cool" and "call me with your computer problems."

I'm talking about technology's dark side. Talking about things like the State of Oregon wanting to put a GPS receiver in everyone’s car, so the State can keep track of how many miles a resident of Oregon drives. The State doesn’t say “oh, by the way, we can tell exactly where you are at all times as a result of this” or “we can tell how fast you were driving so we’ll just start mailing speeding tickets to you.” etc.

I talk about security, and insecurity, and about things in technology and related to technology that I just think is cool.

Hacker Nation is a state of mind. Since this nation (and indeed much of the “civilized” world) is now so dependent on Technology, we need a nation of “Hackers” (in the true, original sense of the word – people who think of clever solutions to problems and share that knowledge with everybody else) to make sure that the government and/or big business doesn’t start treating us like the grist for their mills

Anywho, if you want to check out some of the past episodes, I have a few on my personal site – raymoore.com/radio

Again, remember that we’re in beta mode right now. You’re certainly welcome to call in to the show, but I have a couple of requests if you do.

* For right now, use a “real” name. That doesn’t have to be
YOUR name, however.
* Don’t act as if you know me – remember you’re calling some guy
that hosts a talk radio show
* Since this is “real” radio you can’t swear, etc.

That’s about it for now.

World conquest comes later.

#13 StankDawg

StankDawg

• Moderating Team
  • 8,073 posts

Posted 05 January 2003 - 06:50 PM

that sounds very, very kool!

Obviously, you are far from me, but if there is anything I can do to help, by all means let me know. (writing, research, etc...)

#14 GUEST_Guest_***

GUEST_Guest_***
  • Guests

Posted 05 January 2003 - 07:31 PM

Doh! that's right forgot about the hacker nation part sorry about that :(.

#15 Zapperlink

Zapperlink

"I Hack, therefore, I am"

• 951 posts

Posted 05 January 2003 - 11:08 PM

Yeah rax ive been listening to the show and it is excellent so far. Rather impressed by the topics.. youve seemed to keep me either turning up my speakers when I leave the room.. or I dont leave my room when its playing.

#16 holy_handgrenade

holy_handgrenade

HACK THE PLANET!

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 07 January 2003 - 02:14 AM

of course, It'd have to be a kickass meeting that I had to miss.

Well good news is I'm mobile so I'm no longer dependant on mass transportation :) So I'll definately be out next month.

Great news there rax. Now I have to find ye olde radio so that I may listen to your show :) Will be downloading the few that you got on your site.

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!