2 replies to this topic

#1 blackrose4950

blackrose4950

the 0ne

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 05:22 PM

I am looking for assistance. 

Specifically, I am trying to stop a group of individuals from hacking my PCs and Phones.

My phones started getting hacked in 2010. I have switched phones, changed sim cards, changed carriers, everything. The freaks/stalkers just hack back in and begin harassing again.

At this point they are remotely turning the WiFi on and then somehow they toggle it, or accelerate it. I am looking specifically for the technology they are using to:

1. hack the phone, gaining access remotely (the current hackers are from india and work for a financial institution)
  2. remotely toggle the wifi off and on
  3. cause, what seem to be almost, electric shocks. I am not sure this is coming from the phone, but am asking in case someone knows of a way to use a phone or laptop to cause electrical or static like shocks to a person from a remote location. 

#2 jfalcon

jfalcon

Hakker addict

• Agents of the Revolution
  • 593 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 01:45 AM

First:  Are you sure you're being hacked and not just paranoid (stress, drug or mentally induced)?  I've worked for clients in the past who were 'concerned' with their privacy just as much as you or even myself and others on here. And at the end of the day, there was nothing to report except for some minor spyware due to some of their web browsing habits.  But it's easy to be bombarded with un-truths and sensationalized accounts of "hacking" which are usually stories of fiction.

Second: What you see on TV shows like 24, CSI or Person of Interest are greatly over exaggerated examples of "what if" cases.  Technology in many cases isn't at that level, nor is there that great a consolidation of information - barring Governments - who have unlimited resources compared to private interests.

Third:  Why you?  Why would someone from India target you specifically?  Have you contacted Law Enforcement or the FBI?  Coming to the hackers here will not likely garner you anything more than friendly advice as it's also illegal for us to hack them back in a "direct" manner.

Fourth:  You say you are experiencing electric shocks.  Is it from the same piece of hardware?  I have an old first generation MacBook Pro that does the same thing when charging.  Not greatly painful but about like licking a 9v battery if touched in the right place.   But when I unplug it from the charger, the shocking stops.   The reason is because it's a very beat up laptop that's been dropped countless times.  Not because someone has invaded my computer and told it to shock me. Consumer products wouldn't last long on the market without legal action if they could remotely trigger harm to the user.

Fifth: Regarding phones.  It is possible some application on your phone does have spyware.  There are programs out there that run anti-virus/anti-spyware scans on your phone to ensure your phone doesn't have one of those applications.  Additionally, phone os makers like Android and Apple scan and check new programs and updates for just such security violations before a program is allowed onto their respective stores.  Between the two methods, the likelihood is greatly less than you think for a computer virus or spyware installation.

Sixth:  The only constant in the situation you presented is you.  What are you doing to have them reacquire you?  Like when a person goes into the Witness Protection Program, they are not allowed to go back to their old lives and old habits.  But if they are reacquiring you, how are they doing that?  What are you continuing to repeat for them to find you?

Seventh:  Consider befriending a geek.  Someone who knows technologies capabilities - preferably in the administrations/operations or security field.  They may not know everything, but I bet they know enough to determine what is a threat and what isn't which I think is what you really need... a person to work with you personally to calm your fears and has a good idea how it all works.

Good luck and hope you find the help you need.

#3 tekio

tekio

5(R1P7 |<1DD13

• Binrev Financier
  • 1,102 posts

Posted 13 September 2014 - 05:03 PM

I am looking for assistance. 

Specifically, I am trying to stop a group of individuals from hacking my PCs and Phones.

My phones started getting hacked in 2010. I have switched phones, changed sim cards, changed carriers, everything. The freaks/stalkers just hack back in and begin harassing again.

At this point they are remotely turning the WiFi on and then somehow they toggle it, or accelerate it. I am looking specifically for the technology they are using to:

1. hack the phone, gaining access remotely (the current hackers are from india and work for a financial institution)
  2. remotely toggle the wifi off and on
  3. cause, what seem to be almost, electric shocks. I am not sure this is coming from the phone, but am asking in case someone knows of a way to use a phone or laptop to cause electrical or static like shocks to a person from a remote location. 

Assuming you are being "hacked", it is probably coming from your home network.

1) Reformat every partition of every computer on your network and reinstall from a known SECURE source. That means no Warez installed operating systems. Install of opensrouce o/s should only come from a known good domain that has a verified SSL certificate.

2) DO NOT install ANY software where its security is in question. It should pass MD5/SHA1 hash checks and only come from a known good source with a valid SSL certificate.

3) Reset your phone to factory defaults. Reset your router to factory defaults. Reset any tablet etc... to factory defaults.

4) Run wires shark for about 24 hours, looking for any traffic going to an unknown source, possibly in the same country as your attackers.

5) Make sure the firewall is running on your router. Set up a DMZ host that is out of your DHCP scope, so any unsolicited inbound will be routed to an ip-address that will not be up.

6) patch all your computers, routers, tablets, phones, etc... w/ lates vendor updates.

7) Change your public  IP address. Two ways to do this, but it depends on your ISP. Sometimes you can just reboot your router. Other times you might need to unplug it for about a week until the lease expires. Other times you can use "clone mac address" reboot your router and it will get a new ip address.

They are probably using DDNS or something similar. If you have no malware "phoning home" they will have no idea where you are in your ISP's public range. You might even want to consider getting another ISP.

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!