• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Phreakman

Phreakman

SCRiPT KiDDie

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 06:10 PM

Me and my dad were driving around Orlando and went to a At&t switch building and to my surprise in the back their was a cable as thick as the bottom of a 1 gallon milk jug. Anyways we walked to find where it went and stumbled upon a little remote switch and the door was open so we walked inside and their was a staircase that went down and we walked down it looked like a cev but bigger. We found alot of old stuff. Bellsouth/Southern and southwestern bell manuals a few test sets and about 5 1ESS switches (don't really know if that is weird) we also found contamination suits with the bell logo???!! Upon further look we found a few hard drives. Tomorrow we are gonna go back to take a few things and take pictures. Their is absolutely no way to drive back to the facility it is surrounded by woods and the only way to drive their is by driving through the main switch. AT&T is punched into the door and also "ORLANDO12AT" is on the door with stickers.

This has been the weird telco facility I have ever seen. Pictures will be posted tomorrow if I get a chance to go back out their if not when I get home tomorrow I will post gps coordinates. Till then stay curious my friends.

#2 smpl

smpl

DDP Fan club member

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 06:34 PM

Phone trip anybody?

#3 Phreakman

Phreakman

SCRiPT KiDDie

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 06:36 PM

Most definitely. I would seriously drive 6 hours to see it again.

#4 Phreakman

Phreakman

SCRiPT KiDDie

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 06:41 PM

The best part about it is that their was 2 phones 1 had a shit ton of number in a book next to the phone "Touch tone phone" and next to it was a orange phone with no numbers no rotary noting at all. I have no clue where it went but I assume it was a direct line to network operations I picked up the receiver and it started dialing.

#5 smpl

smpl

DDP Fan club member

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 06:48 PM

Well it's a 6 hr flight for me...

Or I could drive it in 29 hrs.

Where is it located? Maybe I can stop by if I'm ever travelling through there.

#6 Phreakman

Phreakman

SCRiPT KiDDie

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 06:54 PM

Its in south Orlando. When I get back to the hotel and get my computer I will post the coordinates. I'm on my phone and don't have Google maps. Also when I get back I will give a full detailed description about the place.

#7 ThoughtPhreaker

ThoughtPhreaker

BinRev veteran

• Members
  • 1,228 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 01:32 PM

Very nice! Five is a lot of 1ESSes, in service or not. As tempting as it might be to take something though, that's probably not a good idea; they'll more then likely notice. Apart from launching an investigation, they'll probably change any login credentials or other interesting things you might find near the remote if they know you've been there.

If you make an image of those hard drives though, you might want to consider running a data recovery utility on them, like foremost.

#8 Phreakman

Phreakman

SCRiPT KiDDie

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 02:57 PM

Very nice! Five is a lot of 1ESSes, in service or not. As tempting as it might be to take something though, that's probably not a good idea; they'll more then likely notice. Apart from launching an investigation, they'll probably change any login credentials or other interesting things you might find near the remote if they know you've been there.

If you make an image of those hard drives though, you might want to consider running a data recovery utility on them, like foremost.

I seriously think the place is abandoned or defunct noting was running but the lights were on. If it stops raining today we will probably run down their. I will probably bring my laptop and some hard drive cords so I can sync the data off the hard drives. To be honest though I don't think they go down their often. Haha the coolest thing was the old bellsouth employee id badge. Anyways I will try to make my way down their but if I can't like I said I'll post the gps coordinates.

#9 Retr0Capez

Retr0Capez

Will I break 10 posts?

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 November 2014 - 10:14 PM

You said something about an orange phone. Did it have alligator clips at the end?

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!