• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Phreakman

Phreakman

SCRiPT KiDDie

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 10:55 AM

So last night I clipped my buttset to my neighbors tni box and the dialtone was weird. It was not clear and was VERY fuzzy, when I called (800-444-4444) and what was weird is after 2 tones of it dialing almost like fax noises started playing then the number said (Sorry this call cannot be completed.) So either my neighbor is getting free wireline and never had it turned off or their phone is messed up. I will try to post a recording.

#2 xhausted110

xhausted110

I broke 10 posts and all I got was this lousy title!

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 11:12 AM

sounds like DSL. you are clipping on before the filter, so you will hear their DSL modem talking. if you have a DSL filter, use it.

#3 ic0n

ic0n

Fear teh phone!

• Agents of the Revolution
  • 1,212 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 11:32 AM

Back in they day when DSL boomed as everything at that time was dial up I ran into similar issues. I just simply added a dsl filter inline on the beige box.

#4 Phreakman

Phreakman

SCRiPT KiDDie

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 06:46 PM

sounds like DSL. you are clipping on before the filter, so you will hear their DSL modem talking. if you have a DSL filter, use it.

Back in they day when DSL boomed as everything at that time was dial up I ran into similar issues. I just simply added a dsl filter inline on the beige box.

You know that's what I figured that it was dsl or uverse because where the red and green wires go it was a light blue wire on the green and a white wire on the red. Also thanks guys.

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!