• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 rbcp

rbcp

SUP3R 31337

• Moderating Team
  • 162 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 12:36 AM

Hopefully I didn't post about this already here, but I'm old and decrepit so I may have.  A couple months ago I set up an Asterisk / FreePBX system that's mostly designed for callers to hack into old answering machines.  So far I've hooked 7 answering machines into the system and they all have remote access capabilities.  I only have one tape-based machine and I think it's from the 1990's.  I'm hoping to find some older tape models soon to add to the system, but I never seem to find those in thrift stores, so most of the machines are late 90's and early 2000's.  My plan is to have a total of 10 answering machines available for hacking.

The number to reach the machines is 206-424-8422.  More information about the setup and the machines can be found here.

There's also a "choose your own adventure" story that you can navigate through, a conference bridge, and some Autovon options if you're the type to have extra touch tones available.   And most importantly is the option that connects you directly to a weird guy in The Netherlands who will talk to you if he's around.  I've been meaning to put up a collection of old phone message systems from the 70's and 80's, like dial-a-prayer and dial-a-joke and things like that, but so far I've only put one recording up.

One thing that I'd really like to get set up on it is a "voice BBS" like the old Defcon voice bridge used to have.  It was a bunch of public voice messages left by callers that you could scroll through, and you could append your own message onto it for other people to hear.  I've looked around for an Asterisk script that will do that, but haven't been able to find anything, so I'm probably going to have to create my own.  It shouldn't be too hard, aside from finding some spare time to do it.  If anyone knows of a script available for that kind of thing, please let me know.

So yeah, enjoy the system, hack some machines, let me know what you think, and be nice when you find gaping security holes in my system because I'm new to all this Asterisk stuff.

#2 smpl

smpl

DDP Fan club member

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 08:33 PM

Do you have a direct sip address for that?

#3 rbcp

rbcp

SUP3R 31337

• Moderating Team
  • 162 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 10:49 PM

Do you have a direct sip address for that?

Nope, the only way to call in is by the telephone number.

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!