3 replies to this topic

#1 mrscozhelper

mrscozhelper

Will I break 10 posts?

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 07:13 PM

Please help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!  

To any and all of my computer geeks out there: Do you know how to recover DELETED items from the recycle bin? If so...please tell me how!!!!!!!!!!!! These items are documents that were printed off and then sent to the recycle bin and then I deleted the contents of my recycle bin. I also printed out the documents before sending them to the recycle bin. So if you know how to pull them from the printer hard drive too that would be of great help as well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Keep in mind that I did all of this back in the beginning of April! 

#2 dinscurge

dinscurge

"I Hack, therefore, I am"

• Members
  • 936 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 04:32 AM

usually wouldnt get much for help with a request like that.. but it would be easiest to just scan the documents for future copys, otherwise you could try some sort of file recovery program. but the file may not even be there anymore

#3 systems_glitch

systems_glitch

Dangerous free thinker

• Moderating Team
  • 1,652 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 09:14 AM

If you deleted the files in early April and the machine gets used often for other tasks, there's a pretty good chance that the data has already been at least partially overwritten. They have almost certainly been flushed from the printer's internal memory since memory is usually scarce on a printer in the first place. You can try some of the commercial/freeware "undelete" programs out there, just be sure to get something that's 3rd party verified as being virus-free and safe for your computer.

#4 tekio

tekio

5(R1P7 |<1DD13

• Binrev Financier
  • 1,102 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 06:05 PM

Here is a link that covers basics of deleted files, and some info on recovering them: http://www.howtogeek...can-prevent-it/

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!