• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 StankDawg

StankDawg

same old Dawg, no new tricks

• Moderating Team
  • 8,073 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 08:12 PM

Just last week, I uploaded the first three releases of BinRev magazine (AKA: BR magazine or BREAK magazine) to the downloads section of the site.  They are also available on archive.org in case something ever happens to us here at binrev.com for some reason.  This is the official archive here of all BinRev releases.

I was able to find issue 3.1 (the fourth overall issue) but this was never printed or released publicly.  It is not complete and still has typos and probably some mistakes and grammar problems in it.  Also, because it is the in-progress editing version, it does not have the polished finishing touches on it.  The borders still have the color tests and guidelines on them.  I also have the OUTSIDE cover (but not the inside cover) as a separate file.  Because I do not have all of the original fonts and graphics used, I cannot finish editing it.

Now the question that I have for everyone is this: Should I release them here?  I would NOT want to put these on archive.org simply because they are not complete or official releases and would only want them available here for those who are truly interested.  I think of them similar to outtakes from the radio show.  Even though I post some bonus clips and such from the radio show, I don't consider them official releases and never include them on external sites.  I would only post them here (but everyone is encouraged to share them on their own) but I wont even bother if there is no interest.

What does everyone think?  Do you want to see a 90% finished version of BR 3.1 from May 2007?

#2 ic0n

ic0n

Fear teh phone!

• Agents of the Revolution
  • 1,212 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 09:19 PM

Absolutely!

It would be a shame to let it just go to waste, unfinished it may be but I'm sure most will enjoy. I know I'd love to check it out.

#3 systems_glitch

systems_glitch

Dangerous free thinker

• Moderating Team
  • 1,636 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 08:52 AM

I'd put it up, it's still information, just less polished.

#4 RachelZ

RachelZ

Will I break 10 posts?

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 06:59 PM

Is this a free subscription to this magazine?

#5 smpl

smpl

DDP Fan club member

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 09:55 PM

Is this a free subscription to this magazine?

Don't think the magazine is being maintained anymore, but the issues included here sure be free.

#6 RachelZ

RachelZ

Will I break 10 posts?

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 01:29 PM

Thanks I will have to check that out.  I appreciate it.

#7 dinscurge

dinscurge

"I Hack, therefore, I am"

• Members
  • 935 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 12:42 AM

yeah drop the doc

#8 drpizzahut

drpizzahut

the 0ne

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 05:10 PM

Thanks for the download section. I've been looking for some good information on hacking.

#9 djmollusk

djmollusk

resident chix0r magnet

• Agents of the Revolution
  • 813 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 09:23 AM

I just found my old physical copies a week ago.  Good times.

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!