5 replies to this topic

#1 Famicoman

Famicoman

SUP3R 31337

• Members
  • 163 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 07:52 AM

Latest episode is here, http://obsoleet.com/...bsoleet-s02e02/

This episode is about running RISC OS on a Raspberry Pi.

As always, hit me up with any questions, comments, concerns, or segment ideas.

Cheers,

Mike.

#2 nyphonejacks

nyphonejacks

Dangerous free thinker

• Members
  • 793 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 10:34 PM

so glad you are back.. 

i think i suggested this way back, but i think you said you did not have much hardware available.. but would love to see a retro game console episode.. atari, colecovision, etc.. 

#3 Famicoman

Famicoman

SUP3R 31337

• Members
  • 163 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 02:20 PM

so glad you are back.. 

i think i suggested this way back, but i think you said you did not have much hardware available.. but would love to see a retro game console episode.. atari, colecovision, etc.. 

Feels good to be back!

I know you just listed off a few consoles, but do you have anything specific you'd like to see? I ask because before I got into computers/security/telephony and that whole deal I was big into game collecting and have somewhere around 70 consoles occupying my closet and under-bed space. A lot of people do videos about consoles, and I'm still trying to think how I can make it something cool that isn't a rehash.

#4 nyphonejacks

nyphonejacks

Dangerous free thinker

• Members
  • 793 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 09:28 PM

i do not remember much about the collecovision.. never had one but remember playing at other peoples house had some kind of strange controller... 

perhaps something about that atari computer system that was a complete dud.. again i dont know much about it.. i just have an atari 2600 i need to figure out how to power up, NES, sega genisis, the original xbox, ps2 and a 360... 

i do have something rather interesting that i found curbside one night a few houses down... some kind of CDMA test set... but the thing is at least 100 pounds (if it were lighter i might have donated it to you as i dont know much about it or where i can get software for it since it seems the installed software is not working properly... 

#5 Famicoman

Famicoman

SUP3R 31337

• Members
  • 163 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 11:06 AM

i do not remember much about the collecovision.. never had one but remember playing at other peoples house had some kind of strange controller... 

perhaps something about that atari computer system that was a complete dud.. again i dont know much about it.. i just have an atari 2600 i need to figure out how to power up, NES, sega genisis, the original xbox, ps2 and a 360... 

i do have something rather interesting that i found curbside one night a few houses down... some kind of CDMA test set... but the thing is at least 100 pounds (if it were lighter i might have donated it to you as i dont know much about it or where i can get software for it since it seems the installed software is not working properly... 

I think I might now how to turn this into something, so I'll put it on the list.

The CDMA test set sounds cool, if only it were lighter.

#6 systems_glitch

systems_glitch

Dangerous free thinker

• Moderating Team
  • 1,639 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 11:45 AM

The CDMA test set sounds cool, if only it were lighter.

Binrev meetup at HOPE, old telecom gear and White Castle!

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!