Photo
- - - - -

phreaking: need "untracable" phone, is google voice OK?

phreaking phone google voice phreak

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 dustb12

dustb12

Will I break 10 posts?

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 08:15 AM

need a phone number that is "untracable" without a warrant, as in no published exploits etc that can connect it back to my dox, needs to be a single number that I can pick up like a real cell phone and answer

my question is does google voice work for that...? i registered it on an email not connected to my real one... theres an option on google voice to route calls to a different number, which you can then pick up and talk to people on, ive done that already but im not sure if theres some exploit people can use to find out my real number that gmail it routes to, cuz the routing number is my actual cell phone

obviously with a warrant people would be able to get my real number and shit but it won't come to that, its nothing illegal, but i need a way to do this so it'd be impossible to find my real world information without police involvement

is google voice good for that? if not what else should i use? thanks

Edited by dustb12, 28 October 2013 - 08:16 AM.

#2 systems_glitch

systems_glitch

Dangerous free thinker

• Moderating Team
  • 1,669 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 08:45 AM

Google Voice used to be popular for it, but I don't know if that still holds true. IPKall will give you a free SIP account with a DID in Washington state, you can connect to it with a softphone, ATA, or one of the software PBX options. IIRC a client has to be active every so often for your account to remain active.

#3 ThoughtPhreaker

ThoughtPhreaker

DDP r0x0rz my s0x0rz

• Members
  • 1,243 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 07:43 AM

I know the security of ITL's web interfaces (particularly K7 - read some of the old 2600 articles sometime) has been called into question before. It'll be obvious to anybody familiar with International Telcom's exchanges that you have an IPKall account. So if you're anticipating the sort of people who'll give them a free security audit, I might look into something else.

Depending on if you're expecting calls at a certain time, you might just want to use a loop test line instead. For example, 503-647-0218/0219. The way it works is pretty simple. When you call 0218, you'll get a milliwatt tone. If you'd like to hear silence instead, call 0219 while you're on the first number, and hang up after it answers.

So long as you stay on 0218, anybody who calls 0219 will be bridged into your call. As soon as you hang up, anybody calling 0019 will get a reorder.

Edited by ThoughtPhreaker, 29 October 2013 - 07:58 AM.

#4 nyphonejacks

nyphonejacks

Dangerous free thinker

• Members
  • 793 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 09:15 PM

what are you hiding from? 

i think google voice and using the talkatone app (have to sign in with @gmail address only - something to keep in mind when you set up your gvoice account... 

1: set up your gmail sock puppet account 

2: find a phone anywhere that will accept incoming calls - preferably not linked to you or your real number

3: activate gvoice with the number in #2

4: install talkatone app

5: set gvoice to only go to gtalk 

this way all calls you make with the talkatone app show your gvoice number, and if anyone ever hacks into your gvoice account they will not get your number.. 

but generally no one is able to get your gvoice number... 

OTOH people have texted my "real" number that i do not give out (or even really know off the top of my head really, since my phone is synced with gvoice) and i replied and they end up with my gvoice number... 

for a truly "untraceable" phone you would need a disposable cell phone, and a separate battery charger - pay cash, even better get a stranger to buy the phone cash (so you are not on CCTV buying it)  never have your real phone and the disposable turned on at the same place at the same time, never turn on the disposable anywhere near a place that can be linked to you (work, home, school) never use it with any predictability (having it turned on same time/place more than once, or within an equal distance from somewhere that can be tracked back to you) never get geotagged while using your  disposable phone (RFID, EZpass, metrocard, CCTV, etc) never refill minutes on the disposable, just get a new one - even better change carriers when changing disposables... leave no predictable trails.. but thats if your hiding from the phedz or someone able to access phone records and GPS location data of the phone... 

#5 dustb12

dustb12

Will I break 10 posts?

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 08:41 PM

thanks for the answers very helpful so far. guess I need a little bit of clarification for what I am actually "hiding from" as one guy said, sorry I didnt post in more detail:

not looking to be Jason Bourne here, just trolling some 4channers. all I need is a cell phone that looks (to a casual observer) like a real person's cell phone number connected to a real person, but cant be traced back to me. essentially they are attempting to dox me so I set up a fake identity to fuck with them... so I need a steady flow of fake dox for a fake identity so i can keep this going because its hilarious so far. thats where the phone comes in, fake dox

so I need a cell that I would use like any other cell (takes calls, makes calls, text if possible, generally always turned on) but that cant actually be traced to me without a warrant...doesnt mater too much if they can tell that its a fake number, the #1 priority is that it cant be traced back to me

but generally no one is able to get your gvoice number...

this is what im asking in a nutshell: can gvoice be traced back to my dox without a warrant?

I know the security of ITL's web interfaces (particularly K7 - read some of the old 2600 articles sometime) has been called into question before. It'll be obvious to anybody familiar with International Telcom's exchanges that you have an IPKall account. So if you're anticipating the sort of people who'll give them a free security audit, I might look into something else.

Depending on if you're expecting calls at a certain time, you might just want to use a loop test line instead. For example, 503-647-0218/0219. The way it works is pretty simple. When you call 0218, you'll get a milliwatt tone. If you'd like to hear silence instead, call 0219 while you're on the first number, and hang up after it answers.

So long as you stay on 0218, anybody who calls 0219 will be bridged into your call. As soon as you hang up, anybody calling 0019 will get a reorder.

sorry to be a hopeless noob but none of that last part made sense to me... essentially I call 0218 while they call 0019 and then we can talk, but when I hang up they get a tone of some sort? that sounds useful but wouldn't they be able to recognize something was up by the tones etc.?

#6 ThoughtPhreaker

ThoughtPhreaker

DDP r0x0rz my s0x0rz

• Members
  • 1,243 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 06:15 AM

sorry to be a hopeless noob but none of that last part made sense to me... essentially I call 0218 while they call 0019 and then we can talk, but when I hang up they get a tone of some sort? that sounds useful but wouldn't they be able to recognize something was up by the tones etc.?

Not especially. A reorder tone is a fast busy signal, which is kind of a universal error tone as far as the phone network is concerned. It could mean basically anything; all circuits are busy, the distant switch terminated the call with an unusual cause code, the phone at the distant end is having trouble, it didn't answer, and on some PBXes and small switches, that the number they called is vacant. So basically, anything.

It does a great job of keeping you anonymous, but when the other person calls 0219, they'll (and you'll) hear a short tone burst before you're bridged together. So if it's absolutely important that whoever is calling you believes you're just picking up normally, it won't work, but otherwise it's secure.

#7 dustb12

dustb12

Will I break 10 posts?

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 11:13 AM

ok, that's interesting but not terribly useful as I need to be able to answer it whenever... is gvoice suitable for this kind of thing or is there some other alternative?

#8 dustb12

dustb12

Will I break 10 posts?

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 01:51 PM

hello?

#9 Afterm4th

Afterm4th

SUPR3M3 31337 Mack Daddy P1MP

• Members
  • 403 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 08:37 PM

Why not try this...

get one of those new fancy ipods from a pawn shop or whatever. I've tested them out with voip programs before (like magic jack) and they work just fine as telephones

Create a sock puppet apple ID account with tor or a proxy so you can download apps from apples app store

Download textplus from the app store

textplus will give you a number that others can text (for free) or call (you gotta pay for that part)

so buy a visa gift card (or have some one else buy it for you if you're super paranoid), load textplus up with phone minutes and that should work. 

The weak point in this is you'll need to connect to a wifi network to make/recieve calls. This could potentially give away your location - but if some one is just calling your text+ number I think it would be pretty difficult to get your IP from that. I could be wrong tho..

#10 smpl

smpl

DDP Fan club member

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 02:03 AM

Many sip providers such as flowroute.com will simply let you set your own caller id. If you are using asterisk... Set(${CALLERID(all)}="John Doe" <+19689581234>)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: phreaking, phone, google voice, phreak

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!