3 replies to this topic

#1 systems_glitch

systems_glitch

Dangerous free thinker

• Moderating Team
  • 1,737 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 09:10 AM

http://www.digitalbo...endment-rights/

Apparently saying that you like hacking on things without specifying "things" means you're automatically assumed to be compromising systems and that you're going to destroy evidence so they might as well take all of your equipment preemptively. So I guess hacking together a high water sensor for the basement, since I'm calling it "hacking," means I'll destroy evidence in legal investigations and that I like to break into systems I don't own all the time. Bullshit.

• d3crypt likes this

#2 tekio

tekio

5(R1P7 |<1DD13

• Binrev Financier
  • 1,200 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 06:57 PM

I posted the same thing, but they just kicked my door down and seized my golf clubs. :p

#3 d3crypt

d3crypt

H4x0r

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 29 December 2014 - 03:37 PM

I know this is an old post, but is this actually true? :wacko:

Edited by d3crypt, 29 December 2014 - 03:37 PM.

#4 tekio

tekio

5(R1P7 |<1DD13

• Binrev Financier
  • 1,200 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 06:59 AM

It's basically what C.N.N. tells sheeple a "hacker" is. The average person doesn't know anything about technology, so they look at what Kim Komando (or other "technology experts") write on CNN and USA Today.

Total rubbish! I mean, she says, "a hacker broke into Home Depot and stole peoples' credit card numbers. Bad hackers!". So... that's what people think; architects, mail carriers, police officers, and judges. Doesn't matter what they do for a living, if Kim Komando says its true, its gotta be true.

However, if someone kept breaking into a bank's vault and stealing money that way.... They'd say, "crap my banks sucks. It needs a new vault and better security. Of course a burglar will sneak in and rob a bank if they leave the doors and vault unlocked or insecure".

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!