• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 5imp7y

5imp7y

Hakker addict

• Binrev Financier
  • 507 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 09:57 PM

So i have 2 gtx 460 fermis from sooo long ago. One recently died and i cant get it replaced by evga, so i am planning on buying it again. 

Here is what i had two of

Now I am wondering if one of the above cards is Compatible with this one. 

I feel like this is a dumb question, because aside from one being fermi (i dont know what that means btw) they are the same card. 

Thanks a bunch!!!

~5imp7y

#2 Y0ungBra1n

Y0ungBra1n

The floor is made of lava!

• Agents of the Revolution
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 02:44 AM

It look like FERMI is just the name of the architecture. So I believe you should be fine to link those cards with SLI, because they are the same card, just labeled differently.

Of course, you can never be completely certain that the cards are compatible (manufacturers change chips, firmware changes, etc), but it appears that they are, so proceed at your own risk.

Edited by Y0ungBra1n, 06 July 2013 - 02:44 AM.

#3 5imp7y

5imp7y

Hakker addict

• Binrev Financier
  • 507 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 06:30 PM

I bought it just now. Worst case scenario ill just return it. Thanks :D

#4 5imp7y

5imp7y

Hakker addict

• Binrev Financier
  • 507 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 02:45 PM

Lil update. It came today. Hooked her up, sli went great. I read online that even if this was clocked differently the system would have adjusted to the lower clock speed on the faster card. 

I did also notice that they changed the words enable sli in nvidia control panel to maximize 3d performance. Not sure if that is correct, but when i click maximize 3d performance the sli ticket pops up under my cards in the control panel. 

There are 3 settings for physx, now im debating throwing in a 9500 gt for a physx card, but for th time being i left it on auto. There was the options for cpu, gpu1 gpu2.  Anyone think i should change it?

#5 dinscurge

dinscurge

"I Hack, therefore, I am"

• Members
  • 940 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 01:44 AM

might want to look up the dedicated physx, last time i seen was single like 580 was faster then if they hooked up a 8800gt for just physx. probably wont do much of anything adding it in

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!