2 replies to this topic

#1 confuseis

confuseis

the 0ne

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 07:22 AM

Hi

I am technically adept compared to most but completely new to hacking but I am patient and willing to do the work.

I need to obtain the text messages including text messages from an iphone 4 ios 5.  I cannot access the handset physically for more than a few minutes which makes matters much more difficult however I refuse to beleive that it is impossible.

I see solutions on the internet but they all involve installing software on the device itslef and need 20 + minutes to complete and this can be risky if e.g. jailbreaking trashes the handset and installs clydia software which alerts the user to the operation.

This device is on my lan and I would like to intercept the internet traffic to see what is being browsed and capture paswords and log text etc.

I have trapsed along google but Im really seeking tried and tested solutions that you may have implemented yourselves Im thinking of a proxy server to intercept the internet traffic.

Thanks for reading

#2 tekio

tekio

5(R1P7 |<1DD13

• Binrev Financier
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:10 AM

You will need a lot of technical knowledge of how the iPhones stores texts to flash, as well be able to execute remote code to get contents of the phone remotely.

Honestly, writing a buffer overflow is over my technical abilities, so I could not help you there. I think your best bet is physical access to retrieve texts if it's sending them over WWAN.

If the iPhone in question is sending texts over the local network, it could be simple as firing up Wireshark and sniffing data. If encrypted it could get tricky depending on the encryption scheme.

#3 systems_glitch

systems_glitch

Dangerous free thinker

• Moderating Team
  • 1,669 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 12:47 PM

Do keep in mind that intercepting someone's personal (and likely encrypted, I can't imagine iOS doesn't encrypt texts) communications through a telephone handset can probably be called "wiretapping" in your area. While the government doesn't need permission to do it, you probably still do!

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!