4 replies to this topic

#1 Afterm4th

Afterm4th

SUPR3M3 31337 Mack Daddy P1MP

• Members
  • 403 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 01:23 AM

Posted Image

Submerged: The lobby of Verizon's Corporate headquarters in Manhattan. The headquarter houses executive offices as well as some of the company's key telecom equipment that supports services to New York's financial district

Read more: http://www.dailymail...l#ixzz2Ar5IuXEO

#2 systems_glitch

systems_glitch

Dangerous free thinker

• Moderating Team
  • 1,669 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 08:15 AM

That's a lot of saltwater. I hope all of the switchgear is upstairs!

#3 wwwd40

wwwd40

DDP Fan club member

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 11:48 AM

That's a lot of saltwater. I hope all of the switchgear is upstairs!

The main switchgear is probably somewhere near the generators in the basement levels and will be buggered. The building is owned by Sabey now who (quote)

"Sabey has more than 20 years of experience in the data center business and is perhaps the largest provider of hydro-powered facilities in the United States."

The hydro thing is pretty ironic ;-)

ref: https://www.datacent...uilding-in-nyc/

Anyone know whether their planed power system upgrades had already happened? If not it might be time to embark on that.

#4 ThoughtPhreaker

ThoughtPhreaker

DDP r0x0rz my s0x0rz

• Members
  • 1,247 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 04:51 AM

Funny you should post this, the West Street DS3 office just came up today. The other two switches they have there (-DS6 and -DS7) have been up for a while, but it's hard to tell exactly when, if ever, they came up from downtime; there's been so much congestion in the local network the last few days.

I'm more worried about the Broad Street switches (NYCMNYBSxxx); *everything* in that building is still down, even the CLEC switches.

#5 nyphonejacks

nyphonejacks

Dangerous free thinker

• Members
  • 793 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 08:53 PM

Funny you should post this, the West Street DS3 office just came up today. The other two switches they have there (-DS6 and -DS7) have been up for a while, but it's hard to tell exactly when, if ever, they came up from downtime; there's been so much congestion in the local network the last few days.

I'm more worried about the Broad Street switches (NYCMNYBSxxx); *everything* in that building is still down, even the CLEC switches.

so this is why anyone trying to call into any of our customers lines that route thru verizon were not able to get thru and we had to port many of our customers call routes thru to level 3... lol

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!