• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ver_01

ver_01

SCRiPT KiDDie

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 01:45 AM

Hello guys, I'm in India, I activated google voice here using a proxy and can make free calls to any landlines in the USA and am quite delighted by the call quality but have a couple of questions:

1. I cant seem to add credit on my google voice account to make international calls, using my credit card, each time I try, I get a message that says: "We couldn't start your purchase because of a technical issue. Any charge will be automatically cancelled within 24 hours. Please try again after 24 hours." Can anyone tell me why this happens and is there a way around this?

2. Is there any way for me to be able to make more than one call at a time? Currently all my attempts to initiate a conference call have failed.

cheers :smile:

#2 Bit Viper

Bit Viper

SCRiPT KiDDie

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 01:24 PM

2. Is there any way for me to be able to make more than one call at a time? Currently all my attempts to initiate a conference call have failed.

Per TFM, you can do conference calls via Google Voice. Looks like you have to have the people call you, though... not you calling them: http://support.googl...n&answer=115137

#3 ver_01

ver_01

SCRiPT KiDDie

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 08:16 AM

Per TFM, you can do conference calls via Google Voice. Looks like you have to have the people call you, though... not you calling them: http://support.googl...n&answer=115137

Thats correct, however, google Voice wouldn't let me make a call through that interface. The only way I can make a call is to open gmail and use the "call" option there which does not have conference calling options.

About the First query. I looked around a bit on Google Voice product forum and its turns out a lot of people are facing the same problem. The GV guys are suggesting it is a problem with Google wallet and google wallet has not replied to my emails, tried calling their customer service and was assured of a solution within 24 hours. Didn't happen. Apparently google does not have the tech to accept a $10 payment! Seriously!! How can you screw up a simple payment gateway?

#4 Bit Viper

Bit Viper

SCRiPT KiDDie

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 06:56 PM

Thats correct, however, google Voice wouldn't let me make a call through that interface. The only way I can make a call is to open gmail and use the "call" option there which does not have conference calling options.

...right. Because they have to call you. You can't do it by initiating the calls yourself.

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!