Photo
- - - - -

Win-Spy the best method for stealth remote Windows monitoring?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 kiloecho

kiloecho

the 0ne

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 11:51 PM

Is Win-Spy the best program to use for remote stealth monitoring of a Windows XP/Vista/7 computer? Or are there better alternatives?

Edited by kiloecho, 24 September 2012 - 11:51 PM.

#2 dconex

dconex

I broke 10 posts and all I got was this lousy title!

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 03:44 AM

Is Win-Spy the best program to use for remote stealth monitoring of a Windows XP/Vista/7 computer? Or are there better alternatives?

No why pay for something that you can get for free,many open source and hack pros do this

DC

#3 TheFunk

TheFunk

SUP3R 31337

• Binrev Financier
  • 186 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 10:07 PM

Hi there kiloecho (ke...initials perhaps?)

Welcome to the BinRev forums! I'm not much for introductions, so let's jump right in shall we? Is the end goal to monitor the machine, or to simply ensure that the user is following something like an acceptable use policy (eg not looking up pr0n with the company computer, etc)? If your goal is the latter, there are much simpler and more effective methods. Regardless, I feel I should encourage you not to pay for anything called "WinSpy". Not only would you be cheating yourself out of the opportunity to understand how monitoring really works, but there's always the chance that the software might not live up to your expectations, meaning you'll have spent all your money on nothing.

#4 systems_glitch

systems_glitch

Dangerous free thinker

• Moderating Team
  • 1,642 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 08:17 AM

...or that the software is actually malware that you choose to install.

#5 I8igmac

I8igmac

I broke 10 posts and all I got was this lousy title!

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 10:51 PM

Meterpreter would be your best bet... Plenty of tutorials out there... It's safe to say every one loves a meterpreter reverse shell...

Everything you need exist in the Metasploit framework

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!