• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 BlackBear696

BlackBear696

the 0ne

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 09:23 AM

I am using a multi card reader to read my micro sdhc card. The file system went from android to raw, and is now read only. i have tried to format it using several different formatters and all have failed. I have also tried to recover the files on the card before attempting to format and all recovery programs have failed too. I don't have an adapter, so sliding the lock up or down would be pointless. Please help. need to recover the card. Don't have the money rite now to get a new one. (SanDisk 32GB Micro SDHC)

#2 PurpleJesus

PurpleJesus

Dangerous free thinker

• Members
  • 1,578 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 11:24 PM

I am using a multi card reader to read my micro sdhc card. The file system went from android to raw, and is now read only. i have tried to format it using several different formatters and all have failed. I have also tried to recover the files on the card before attempting to format and all recovery programs have failed too. I don't have an adapter, so sliding the lock up or down would be pointless. Please help. need to recover the card. Don't have the money rite now to get a new one. (SanDisk 32GB Micro SDHC)

Well, if you've used different formatters it is starting to sound like a hardware issue.

Have you tried using a different reader? Or cleaning the connections on the card? Old school cartridge trick: rub the shiny bits with a pencil eraser.

#3 tweeks

tweeks

H4x0r

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 06:45 PM

i dont have android so this might not be correct, but i would assume if the card can be put inot the phone and the phone connected and have the drive come up as a removeable drive on the disk mgr, then you should be able to format it.

#4 Malachai

Malachai

SUP3R 31337

• Members
  • 153 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 05:45 PM

Trying using this tool and see if it works.
https://www.sdcard.o...ds/formatter_3/

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!