• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 BINREV SPYD3R

BINREV SPYD3R

Live to Hack...Hack to Live.

• Members
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 07:00 PM

HPR Community NewsA monthly look at what has been going on in the HPR community. This is a regular show scheduled for the first Monday of the month.New hostsWelcome to our new host: aparanoidshell and FamicomanShow Reviewidtitlehost 1021HPR Community News June 2012HPR Admins 1022LiTS 010 - df - Exploring Disk Filesystem UsageDann 1023About Rivendell with RivendellAukonDK 1024Episode 1024Various Hosts 1025Infonomicon Episode #51Various Hosts 1026Setting up a WordPress blog part 4Frank Bell 1027Migrating away from Google ReaderKen Fallon 1028Jonathan Kulp and NYbill: Goodwill Hunting Various Hosts 1029Karen Sandler on Medical Devices: OGG Camp Part TwoRobin Catling 1030Ruben Rodriquez talks about Trisquel LinuxVarious Creative Commons Works 1031Backing up your dvd collection using mencoderBrocktonBob 1032LiTS 011: du - disk usageDann 1033Go RTFMaparanoidshell 1034PXE BootKen Fallon 1035OGG Camp 11 Panel DiscussionRobin Catling 1036Setting up Your First Ham Radio StationJoel 1037Soldering Part 1MrX 1038Interview with George Vlahavas and Andreas born of the SalixOS projectpokey 1039Matt Lee Gnu FM and Libre FMVarious Creative Commons Works 1040Steam on LinuxLord Drachenblut and Downer 1041Home from H.O.P.E.Various Hosts 1042LiTS: 012 - tailDann 1043Hacking Second Hand - Obtaining Old TechFamicoman 1044OggCamp11: Oracle LinuxJWP 1045GenealogyMike Hingley Thanks toIwan Gabovitch for the heads up about the wrong CC lisence on the siteDave Morriss for all the fantastic work he's doing on the backend systemFrank Bell and Ehtyar Holmes for all the fantastic work he's doing on the frontend systemDavid Whitman for tracking the keywords on past episodes and for the kind donation towards paying for the European HPR bannerRichard Querin for the fantastic artworkXoke for the ideaJonathan Nadeau for the cpanel scriptApologies toDeepGeek who sent in this I wanted to ask in regards to the next community news that a mention that I installed a new webpage design while on my May sabbatical, and please also announce that the second month of my sabbatical will be taken for the month of July. In August, I will resume my full schedule of three-per-month and will produce three for this month, June.DeepGeek when I forgot to announce that he would be at hopeWindigo for missing that he was a new hostMike Hingley and DoorToDoorGeek for not sending him the FTP detailsDave Morriss, Frank Bell and Ehtyar Holmes for not providing them enough information for the new siteNYbill for not putting their show out soonerEveryone for the delay in getting the Queue and Calendar publishedOther NotesWe're pushing out all the 2011 OggCamp content from last yearDroops where are youhprhackers group created on gitorious.orgHOPE 9 In case anyone is interested in audio for the talks at HOPE9, they just went up at http://www.hopenumbe...dule/OggCampKen will be at OggCamp on August 18 / 19, Art and Design Academy, Liverpool John Moores University, Liverpool, L3 5RD. If you are there coma along to the booth and sign the table. There will be a very limited number of t-shirts. Stickers were too expensive this time. If there is time, Ken will put together a booklet on the podcasts listed on thelinuxlink.net site.Ohio LinuxFest 2012 Registration is Open for BusinessA message from Kevin O'BrienWe are opening up Registration for the 2012 Ohio LinuxFest event, and we'd appreciate it if you could pass along this message through whichever social media you prefer. The Registration page is at http://ohiolinux.org...utingFoundation fundraiserWe would like to announce the first fundraiser for the Accessible Computing Foundation!. It will be held on August 25 from 12pm EST until 12am EST August 26. This event will be streamed at The New Radiofor the entire event. It's going to be held over at Linux Basix, using their Mumble server. To find out the information for the Mumble server, please visit the Linuxbasixsite . We'll be able to have up to 30 people in the room at once, so come and join us in talking about accessibility and Free software.So far, joining the event we will be having Jono Bacon from Ubuntu, and Zack the Debian project leader. If you'd like to speak with either of them, please come and join us on August 25. The goal for this fundraiser is to have 1000 people become members of the ACF at $2 a month. We have 3 other levels of membership options if anyone is interested. This would be a great help to the foundation and really get us off of the ground to start bridging the gap between accessibility and technology.The reason we're focusing on the $2/month level is because it's only 50 cents a week and we think this is a goal most people could meet, even if living on a fixed income like so many people with disabilities. Since monthly membership is so low, we are really depending on MANY people to become members to make this difference. Granted $2 a month isn't much, but if we can get a large number of people thinking this way, it will add up quickly and help out the Accessible Computing Foundation in a great way. So please, join us on August 25 and help bring Accessible Freedom to people around the world!

Go to this episode

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!