• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Phlubs

Phlubs

Will I break 10 posts?

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 04:48 PM

Hey guys, I am rather new to hacking but I am looking to step into the world. I've done some basic stuff like getting a war-dialer (thc-scan) to work and messing around with Low Orbit Ion Cannon (I wouldn't call that hacking) but I want more. I would like to try setting up a botnet/getting involved in DDOS but I am not sure what software I need or which is the best. I also am not sure how put packets onto other users computers. I would greatly appreciate any help. Thanks!

#2 Beave

Beave

SUPR3M3 31337 Mack Daddy P1MP

• Agents of the Revolution
  • 350 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 05:24 PM

Hey guys, I am rather new to hacking but I am looking to step into the world. I've done some basic stuff like getting a war-dialer (thc-scan) to work and messing around with Low Orbit Ion Cannon (I wouldn't call that hacking) but I want more. I would like to try setting up a botnet/getting involved in DDOS but I am not sure what software I need or which is the best. I also am not sure how put packets onto other users computers. I would greatly appreciate any help. Thanks!

Hrmph. DDoS isn't "hacking" and it's lame. Botnets can be interesting, but not for what you want to do (malicious activity). You'd be better off spending your time on better ventures. IE - "real hacking". There's a ton of ways you can get involved which don't involve destruction and disturbance of services. Hardware hacking, System & network security, etc.
  • SixThousandFish and specialgriff like this

#3 Phlubs

Phlubs

Will I break 10 posts?

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 06:15 PM

Hrmph. DDoS isn't "hacking" and it's lame. Botnets can be interesting, but not for what you want to do (malicious activity). You'd be better off spending your time on better ventures. IE - "real hacking". There's a ton of ways you can get involved which don't involve destruction and disturbance of services. Hardware hacking, System & network security, etc.

I dunno I never really saw any use for white-hat other than stress testing software. Are there any other practical uses? Where would I get started with this?

#4 wwwd40

wwwd40

DDP Fan club member

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 10:49 AM

I dunno I never really saw any use for white-hat other than stress testing software. Are there any other practical uses? Where would I get started with this?

Nothing was mentioned about colours of hats and in any case, all the same knowledge applies just with a different application and moral compass. I think Beave's point was that generally there is not much to be learned by building a Zeus et al botnet and blasting crap at 'targets'. You seem to be outcome focussed (I want to get invovled in DDOS) as opposed to focussing on the journey of learning the mechanics behind a botnet and how you would go about coding your own, or re engineering the leaked Zeus code for example. Why is it that you want to get involved in DDOS activites?

#5 I8igmac

I8igmac

I broke 10 posts and all I got was this lousy title!

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 11:14 PM

Pick a language and learn some basic sockets, ruby Perl Python I would pick one and roll with it...

Http web client could be a start...

#6 phr34kc0der

phr34kc0der

SUPR3M3 31337 Mack Daddy P1MP

• Members
  • 469 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 02:37 PM

It's a mindset.

You hack to learn, you don't learn to hack.
  • Y0ungBra1n, SixThousandFish and specialgriff like this

#7 tweeks

tweeks

H4x0r

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 05:03 PM

i dont think ive ever heard a better response to this question than what phr34kc0der said. Thats just the way it goes. If your curious about something, do searches on it and read, then search what you dont understand in that. Hacking isnt about disrupting other people's hard work. Its about making things better and providing services and answers, not taking them away. Keep reading until you become enlightened, otherwise your just gonna be another media exploit that ends up in jail.

#8 Malachai

Malachai

SUP3R 31337

• Members
  • 153 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 05:36 PM

the best thing for you to do is learn any disc that has linux... Right now I'm using ubuntu... you should learn how to use it load it and see all the tools it has then move onto scripting and stuff lke that.

#9 dconex

dconex

I broke 10 posts and all I got was this lousy title!

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 07:54 AM

You got to be kidding, no one realistically comes here to ask that sort of question. A google search would return more than can be posted in here in two days, unless you need help in using google. So why the ask. As with all great thinkers (I am not one by the way) to reply to any question correctly you should consider what the person making the inquiry wishes to get out of the answer or is a response in itself sufficient. A puzzle??

#10 PurpleJesus

PurpleJesus

Dangerous free thinker

• Members
  • 1,578 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 09:55 PM

You got to be kidding, no one realistically comes here to ask that sort of question. A google search would return more than can be posted in here in two days, unless you need help in using google. So why the ask. As with all great thinkers (I am not one by the way) to reply to any question correctly you should consider what the person making the inquiry wishes to get out of the answer or is a response in itself sufficient. A puzzle??

Yes what you say is true. However, some people with potential have to start somewhere and google is pretty useless until you know the right keywords to search.

#11 dinscurge

dinscurge

"I Hack, therefore, I am"

• Members
  • 939 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 07:36 PM

Yes what you say is true. However, some people with potential have to start somewhere and google is pretty useless until you know the right keywords to search.

yeah even then it can be difficult if theres a different word usage, or a different more popular term for said item then the less popular term all be it correct may turn up nothing usefull..

It's a mindset.

oy, its this guy again lol. learning is more important then doing, if all you do is it, then going to other systems it may not do you any good as you wont have those specific programs/scripts. if all that is desired is an end result why learn multiple techniques? but multiple techniques will come to be much more usefull upon finding other systems

#12 specialgriff

specialgriff

the 0ne

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 07:44 AM

It's a mindset.

Great point!!!!!!

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!