• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 daswoll1

daswoll1

the 0ne

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 01:02 PM

Im as newb as the come so here it goes. I have a list of IP's that I need to attach to somehow and view their browsing history. I do not need any access to their pc or anything like that.. Just browser data. Anyone have any suggestions for me? Although i work for a software co i am not super technical.

Edited by daswoll1, 16 July 2012 - 01:03 PM.

#2 Y0ungBra1n

Y0ungBra1n

The floor is made of lava!

• Agents of the Revolution
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 01:16 AM

As far as I know there is no way to see a specific user's browsing history without access to their machine.

You can use packet sniffers like netstumbler or ethereal to monitor network traffic.
You can also login as an administrator to their computer (either via the console, rdp, or windows server 'manage') and check their browsing history.
Another, more complex option is to setup a permanent proxy all computers on the network will have to go through in order to access the internet. This will allow you to monitor and restrict what users can access.

Does that give you any leads?

#3 phasma

phasma

Hakker addict

• Members
  • 527 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 07:22 PM

If you arent on the same network I would say sending them some type of spyware to monitor their activity.

#4 phr34kc0der

phr34kc0der

SUPR3M3 31337 Mack Daddy P1MP

• Members
  • 469 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 08:01 AM

You can use packet sniffers like netstumbler or ethereal to monitor network traffic.

Ethereal? Development stopped on that years ago. It's now Wireshark.

I have a list of IP's that I need to attach to somehow and view their browsing history

I'm not sure on the current state of things, but a few years ago there were a some tricks avalaible to do this. The basic idea was to get the user to navigate to a page you controlled. This page would contain links to webpages and some css to somehow highlight which links have already been viewed. Javascript could then be used to query for these links.

I would imagine that this has been fixed in recent browers, but it might give you something to work with.

#5 TheFunk

TheFunk

SUP3R 31337

• Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 09:18 PM

If the computers are remote (not on the same network as you) then your best bet is to somehow send them a tracking cookie. That wouldn't be an instant way to gather all the sites the person had ever been to, and if the user is smart, they'd probably delete the cookie. However, under the right circumstances, over time you could gather a list of sites the computers frequent that would provide helpful feedback for your company (I'm assuming your company is in the market to make some web applications or something like that, and wants to gather some user data first.) If you really want a persistent cookie, try samyk's evercookie. The evercookie is like a tracking cookie on steroids, and it's open source I believe. Just uh, don't send me one, capiche? Took forever to get rid of the last one I was sent.

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!