• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Backspacez

Backspacez

Will I break 10 posts?

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 06:31 PM

I always wanted to get onto my high school's intercom and blast raunchy music like Odd Future or something. Other than social engineering, what do you think what work? I don't know about this kind of stuff. There may be a device that can break into it or something, I don't know. Any ideas? Thanks.

#2 Afterm4th

Afterm4th

SUPR3M3 31337 Mack Daddy P1MP

• Members
  • 399 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 03:57 AM

I always wanted to get onto my high school's intercom and blast raunchy music like Odd Future or something. Other than social engineering, what do you think what work? I don't know about this kind of stuff. There may be a device that can break into it or something, I don't know. Any ideas? Thanks.

Find the model number of the intercom first :)

your social engineering skills might come in handy simply finding out what kind it is.

If it's connected to your schools phone system then you might want to find out what kind of internal pbx they might have set up.

Good Luck :)

#3 phasma

phasma

Hakker addict

• Members
  • 527 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 11:48 PM

Start mingling with the kids that do the daily announcements and gain intel.

#4 nyphonejacks

nyphonejacks

Dangerous free thinker

• Members
  • 787 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 09:35 AM

either going to need some social engineering skills.. or somehow access to the room where the overhead paging system is located..

if it is connected to the phone system, then you will need to figure out what extension it is on... sometimes you would even be able to dial into or get transferred to this extension from an outside line, but not always.. depends on how the system is set up..

if it is not connected to the phone system then you would need physical access..

#5 ThoughtPhreaker

ThoughtPhreaker

BinRev veteran

• Members
  • 1,169 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 05:59 PM

PBX auto-attendants have long been pretty wise to intercom transfers. Your best bet would be to find a secluded phone in the building, and patch it in that way. Copy rooms are generally a good source of those.
Most PBX manufacturers like to use one, usually unchangeable code to get to the PA system. For example, on a Toshiba Strata, it's #30. So your best bet is to just find the brand name on a PBX phone, and look for administration manuals for systems made by that company.

Or you could just say something to get a teacher to activate the intercom system, and do some shoulder surfing. If you plan on poking about with their phone system in the future, though, you'll want to learn as much as possible now.

#6 nyphonejacks

nyphonejacks

Dangerous free thinker

• Members
  • 787 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 09:16 AM

PBX auto-attendants have long been pretty wise to intercom transfers. Your best bet would be to find a secluded phone in the building, and patch it in that way. Copy rooms are generally a good source of those.
Most PBX manufacturers like to use one, usually unchangeable code to get to the PA system. For example, on a Toshiba Strata, it's #30. So your best bet is to just find the brand name on a PBX phone, and look for administration manuals for systems made by that company.

Or you could just say something to get a teacher to activate the intercom system, and do some shoulder surfing. If you plan on poking about with their phone system in the future, though, you'll want to learn as much as possible now.

problem with that is that most of the phones in the class rooms are probably going to be SLT's and not proprietary sets for the PBX - you are probably going to have to go into the office to see what kind of system phones that they have..

as for being transferred... i was thinking more along the lines of someone who answers the phone transferring you not the IVR system..

Edited by nyphonejacks, 21 June 2012 - 09:17 AM.

#7 tekio

tekio

5(R1P7 |<1DD13

• Binrev Financier
  • 1,068 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 06:49 AM

Don't forget one of these: http://www.ebay.com/...7475#vi-content

Unless, you're planning a suicide mission or want to get busted. (I'm sure it would only result in a few days detention if you do)

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!