Photo
- - - - -

Zabbix server install - dependency issues

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 jasonmanley87

jasonmanley87

I broke 10 posts and all I got was this lousy title!

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 12:14 PM

Hello, I have been trying to install Zabbix on a server to monitor quite a few servers. I have the agent installed just fine on everything else, however the server install has been a nightmare.

FTR, we use RHEL forgot the exact version.....

To use the web interface for zabbix 1.8.x (no earlier version will be acceptable here so I've been told), it requires libcurl, version >= 7.13.1. However installing curl through the yum installer only goes up to 7.12.1.

I tried downloading an rpm for it of newer version of libcurl, and zabbix does not find it in the config. It seems when passing the parameters to the config script, you have to send it to the curl-config for some reason like --with-libcurl=/usr/bin/curl-config and then it has issues finding the libraries in /usr/lib, even though they might be there.

I have even tried downloading and compiling the curl source, and pointing to where I installed that, but nothing has worked so far. Any ideas?

#2 systems_glitch

systems_glitch

Dangerous free thinker

• Moderating Team
  • 1,657 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 07:22 AM

Build libcurl from source but configure it to store the libraries in whichever subdir Zabbix is looking for libraries in. You can pass the destination dirs into the config script most of the time, though sometimes for poorly implemented config scripts you must edit by hand.

Certainly my biggest complaint about having to maintain RHEL/CentOS servers at work...any newish software == dependency hell!

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!