• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 player3

player3

the 0ne

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 04:27 PM

so, a few of my associates and i were discussing the limitations of our school computers, namely that we cant boot linux directly from startup off of the disk. of course, we could simply run a virtual machine, but nope.

the worst idea so far has been to use a thumb drive w/ linux and RAID it to the hard drive. our computers are running windows 2000, im not even sure if it supports RAID. so don't say that. unless you can make it work.

in a nutshell, we'd just like to brute force (or something more sneaky) some allocated space (be it the actual hard disk or an external memory thingy pretending to be part of the hard drive), then partition it as needed, and run Debian. maybe include a "self-destruct" feature, so we can wipe all our shtuff off automatically.

one more thing, any help with bypassing the network user limitations would be greatly appreciated. some computers can't even right click. i have no idea how the school peoples accomplished that. knowing our school, they prolly just had the janitors sabotage each mouse physically.

thanks,

#2 Afterm4th

Afterm4th

SUPR3M3 31337 Mack Daddy P1MP

• Members
  • 403 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 05:09 PM

so, a few of my associates and i were discussing the limitations of our school computers, namely that we cant boot linux directly from startup off of the disk. of course, we could simply run a virtual machine, but nope.

the worst idea so far has been to use a thumb drive w/ linux and RAID it to the hard drive. our computers are running windows 2000, im not even sure if it supports RAID. so don't say that. unless you can make it work.

in a nutshell, we'd just like to brute force (or something more sneaky) some allocated space (be it the actual hard disk or an external memory thingy pretending to be part of the hard drive), then partition it as needed, and run Debian. maybe include a "self-destruct" feature, so we can wipe all our shtuff off automatically.

one more thing, any help with bypassing the network user limitations would be greatly appreciated. some computers can't even right click. i have no idea how the school peoples accomplished that. knowing our school, they prolly just had the janitors sabotage each mouse physically.

thanks,

are you on a domain?

can you boot to CD?

#3 mSparks

mSparks

elite

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 04:14 PM

If you are just looking for full internet access there is always Chrome portable
http://portableapps....chrome_portable

Which you should be able configure to use an external proxy and get through all their "You can't see this webpage" garbage,

You can install Linux to boot from either USB or CD, but chances are the machines are not configured to boot from either, and the bios will almost certainly be password protected to actually change it.

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!