Photo
- - - - -

Blocklists, and what's with Bluetack cutting things off?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jasonmanley87

jasonmanley87

I broke 10 posts and all I got was this lousy title!

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 05:00 PM

Hello. I was looking for the Level 1 blocklist, only to find that on bluetack, they cut off downloads because of server costs.

After googling, I still cannot find the level1 gz file. Any ideas?

#2 wwwd40

wwwd40

DDP Fan club member

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 03:27 AM

http://www.bluetack....onfig/level1.gz

#3 jasonmanley87

jasonmanley87

I broke 10 posts and all I got was this lousy title!

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 03:45 PM

Thank you. Though I had found the list somewhere else with some better googling. But what's the format really like of those files?

I'm trying to use tTorrent Lite on my Android phone and it accepts blocklists of the format .p2p.gz or .dat.gz ..... do I just rename the file or something or are there specific conversions I have to do?

Obviously I brought this up because bluetack is having issues paying for their server and hence not making available the blocklists. I would donate as I support their cause but I've never used paypal before and am not interested in paying a lot of money just to set up something I never use!

I also am curious about some other things. Does it make sense to use both a proxy and a blocklist at the same time? As the app has options for both. Is your blocking of teh bad guys ineffective if you use both at the same time, or is it really an extra layer of obscurity? Note I am not concerned about the speed issues that come with proxies, as I'm already setting the speeds low to begin with (using it at night as to not overburden the network).

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!