• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 5imp7y

5imp7y

Hakker addict

• Binrev Financier
  • 507 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 11:45 PM

So i have a retail copy of osx lion from my mac, and i have tried to install it on my pc many times without sucess.... I fallowed like 3 tuts and all i ever sucesd in doing is deleting my boot loader every time. Anyone done it sucessfully on an intel based pc? Also before i get in trouble. Is this legal? I never real the EULA for this disk, but its a legitimate disk came with the computer.

Specs:
i5
evga mobo
8 gb of ram
2 nvidia gtx 460 1 gb

#2 Afterm4th

Afterm4th

SUPR3M3 31337 Mack Daddy P1MP

• Members
  • 403 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 08:21 AM

So i have a retail copy of osx lion from my mac, and i have tried to install it on my pc many times without sucess.... I fallowed like 3 tuts and all i ever sucesd in doing is deleting my boot loader every time. Anyone done it sucessfully on an intel based pc? Also before i get in trouble. Is this legal? I never real the EULA for this disk, but its a legitimate disk came with the computer.

Specs:
i5
evga mobo
8 gb of ram
2 nvidia gtx 460 1 gb

I've never done it myself, but I think this is the right direction:

http://www.hackintosh.com/

#3 nyphonejacks

nyphonejacks

Dangerous free thinker

• Members
  • 793 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 09:35 AM

Also before i get in trouble. Is this legal? I never real the EULA for this disk, but its a legitimate disk came with the computer.

I have seen people online have success with installing OSX onto intel based PCs because newer mac hardware is supposedly more PC like and supposedly intel based...

as for your claim to having a legitimate disk that came with your computer... yes it is an OEM copy for installation on the computer that it came with - it is not a retail version, so technically you are not supposed to install it on another computer... but the problem lies in the fact that I do not believe that you can buy a retail packaged OSX installation disc.. crapple keeps tight controls over their software and hardware...

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!