• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 digitalchameleon

digitalchameleon

Will I break 10 posts?

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 12:02 PM

Has anybody had a chance to boot this up in a dry environment yet? Obviously the package is loaded with some type of trojan or malware; otherwise it would be open source. But I'm curious about what the goal is exactly, and who released this, since it wasn't anybody that normally associates with Anon.

Hopefully once all this 0day rpd buzz dies down I'll be able to find time to boot it up in VMware. It's probably using steganography to export user information, just a shot in the dark.

#2 Afterm4th

Afterm4th

SUPR3M3 31337 Mack Daddy P1MP

• Members
  • 403 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 03:12 PM

Has anybody had a chance to boot this up in a dry environment yet? Obviously the package is loaded with some type of trojan or malware; otherwise it would be open source. But I'm curious about what the goal is exactly, and who released this, since it wasn't anybody that normally associates with Anon.

Hopefully once all this 0day rpd buzz dies down I'll be able to find time to boot it up in VMware. It's probably using steganography to export user information, just a shot in the dark.

I grabbed a copy before it was removed from source forge.. and I do believe it is open source.

#3 Afterm4th

Afterm4th

• Members
  • 403 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 10:48 PM

I grabbed a copy before it was removed from source forge.. and I do believe it is open source.

i looked at it and its shite. get a version of back track instead.

#4 Powermaniac7

Powermaniac7

mad 1337

• Members
  • 138 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 04:28 AM

There are a few other Anon OSes that are mentioned on Tails's website, they include:

Liberté Linux
Ubuntu Privacy Remix
Privatix
Odebian

Tails also being another Anon OS.

Check those out if you want to

Bottom of this page contains links to the other Oses

#5 digitalchameleon

digitalchameleon

Will I break 10 posts?

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 01:15 PM

I was assuming, based on what sourceforge said, that it was closed source.
http://sourceforge.n...us-os-response/
"This project isn’t transparent with regard to what’s in it. It is critical that security-related software be completely open to peer review (i.e., by providing source code), so that risks may be assessed along with benefits. That is not available in this case, and the result is that people are taking a substantial risk in downloading and installing this distribution."

Anyway I could get a copy?

#6 Powermaniac7

Powermaniac7

mad 1337

• Members
  • 138 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 07:04 PM

There are a few other Anon OSes that are mentioned on Tails's website, they include:

Liberté Linux
Ubuntu Privacy Remix
Privatix
Odebian

Tails also being another Anon OS.

Check those out if you want to

Bottom of this page contains links to the other Oses

Whoever down repped this does realise those OSes above are security based and Liberte Linux, Privatix, Odebian and Tails all run anonymity features for browsing the internet, while Tails also can be run through RAM only thus when you are finished and turn off the computer everything you did is wiped...

It may not be directly related to the Anon OS you are talking about but I thought it might still be of interest.

Edited by Powermaniac7, 24 March 2012 - 07:06 PM.

#7 Afterm4th

Afterm4th

• Members
  • 403 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 07:06 PM

I was assuming, based on what sourceforge said, that it was closed source.
http://sourceforge.n...us-os-response/
"This project isn’t transparent with regard to what’s in it. It is critical that security-related software be completely open to peer review (i.e., by providing source code), so that risks may be assessed along with benefits. That is not available in this case, and the result is that people are taking a substantial risk in downloading and installing this distribution."

Anyway I could get a copy?

yup, ill upload it to TPB, Ill post back when I do.

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!